Welcome to our tuning and software section!

Discussion in 'Computer tuning and diagnostics' started by FANTA-Z, Nov 30, 2009.

1. FANTA-Z Staff Alumni

Thats what you need. You need the software so you can tune your stock pcm. Tunercat or LT1edit is what you need.

2. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

3. streetfreak

I had the computer programed at FastChip in Tulsa Oklahoma and they
    > did a great job since there are so few places that can reprogram a computer
    > to run the LT1 as a 383.
    Thats how i bought the car and he never took the car to the shop to put it on there dyno they just made the tune. I am looking for a programer to tune it myself, cuz i wan to dyno tune it because it has alittle more left outta it.

4. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

Your computer will control a 350, 355, 383, 396, 406, anything. The cubes mean Jack!! And there is a lot of places out there that can tune a computer. Hell, I can tune a computer!!!

5. streetfreak

ok thanks guys i guess ill b buying a tunercat!

6. JonnySTS

lmao!:respekt:

7. Kenneth Gerig

I would like to fined someone to help me with poop point tuning and line pressure settings. I have tunercat and what ever else is needed to get the answers that you need from me. I have a 95 Z28 lt1 stroked thirty over with 34lbs injectors and a 530/540 lift cam 52mm tb and have run a 12.64 at 108.90 in the 1/4 with a 1.77 -60' I think there is still more with the right shift points right now 1st to 2nd is at 38 and second to third is 70 and the 3to 4 is 110 plus my 2-3 shift isn't solid like 1-2 shift is I would like to turn up the line pressure for that shift and want to know where and how much?

8. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

I recommend getting on the dyno to find where peak torque is to determine the best shift points. You want to have the PCM command shifts a little before that (by the time the shift happens, the RPMs will be at peak torque). I wouldn't shoot for shift firmness as hard at higher gears, not unless the transmission is built, you have some stout u-joints, etc.

9. Mac I am

I bought a 95 z28 with 75k on it about a year ago. Besides an exhaust upgrade it is stock. I am not trying to build it to race it, but would like to maintain or slightly increase HP. A friend mentioned computer tuning as an option instead of adding bolt on's. What does this involve? If I do not race it or run it hard, will this be hard on the engine.

Thanks