The Bad Side Of Street Racing & Wreckless Driving.

Discussion in 'Street/Strip Racing' started by Randy L, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Driveitlikeustoleit

Sorry guys
    Its such a dark thread.
    feel free to delete it.
    The problem with threads like the one I followed up on.
    Is you never get the whole story.
    And people are hurt from from the life they have lost.
    There are ways to run around having fun.
    while being courteous to other drivers and pedestrestrians.
    I have a much bigger fear of cellphones .
    Hotrodders dont scare me.
    I have been run over by people yakking on their cell phones four times.
    I work in the streets.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  2. Zspoiler

I think street racing is plane stupid. You can lose your license.Your car and yours and other peoples lives.That why the program "Street Outlaws" disgust me.

3. 4thand26

also, they are idiots :). One self-serving point if I may, cameras are EVERYWHERE in 2018, I'm not crazy paranoid, but you are not going to get away with anything, find a track.

4. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

I've heard of too many getting killed in the prime of their life during a street race. And in the past few years, like 4thand26 mentioned, people getting busted after the fact because someone took a video and posted it on Youtube.

5. Driveitlikeustoleit

You guys are right
    The thought of my car ripping through another persons body makes me sick.
    Just thinking about it.
    I couldnt watch street outlaws because I pictured a waitress walking home in the dark after a long day at work.
    Arms full loosing her footing trying to hustle across the street in front of the cars in the dark.
    With 9 second cars coming at her.
    I thought they aught to be locked up.

6. mullettcar

lol you all know street outlaws is 100% fake right?
    they video tape races and have their pic on tv for the stuff being done and the video proof they would all be in jail for the rest of there lives.
    street outlaws is just a marketing gimmick to get guys like us to buy parts for our cars.
    just like when pinks started it was all lose the race lose your ride now it just a sponsored napa commercial no one loses their ride anymore.
    STREET RACING IS WRONG all racing should be done at a track but... burnouts are just plain fun lol

7. Zspoiler

Street Outlaws give people that street racing is "cool" .Just to sell parts and other money making things. I wish the Police would show up more .and shut them down ,

8. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

Yeah, they fuzz out logos in the background and on t-shirts... unless its a sponsor. And they make car guys look, well I won't say it, but they don't act like people I see at tracks, car shows, my mechanic friends, and so on. Yeah, people cuss now and then, not constantly like those guys, they don't always wear black hats backwards pulled all the way down to their eyebrows, and they aren't always yelling at each other. There's being competitive, and there's acting like out of control egos putting on a show for the camera. These guys put on a show.

The cars they use aren't street cars, its a complete joke. Take it to the track, especially when its a track car.

9. k3ll1e_2x

I should show this thread to my friend who is into street racing. I fear for his life and I want him to make up his mind about his "hobby."

10. OldMech

Not many new posts, so I will add one...
    I grew up in the midwest. Population in my town is 500. I was driving when I was 14 on a permit, and built my first 68 camaro when I was fifteen. paid 300 dollars for it. 6 cyl three speed on the column. dropped a 350 in it... we/My friends and I always raced to school, gravel roads 100 mph insanity... I have no idea how we all survived it, I only know... DANG it was fun! SO i am not one to preach at all. When we drag raced, there was two places.. our high school was built on an old air force base, teh runways were unused.. perfect spot... but it was 15 miles away.. next best place was a couple miles out of town, a paved road that was seldom traveled. from teh corner to a field driveway was 1/4 mile.. We spent a lot of time out there, but there wasnt anyone but US to hurt. The advantage of growing up very rural was nice. It took destroying a few transmissions and a couple engines before I calmed down a bit.. didn't race any more until I moved to Maine with a girl I met down in the Florida keys.. built a 68 Camaro and ran it at new England Dragway for about three years... Many times I remember laying under someone else;s car helping them fix a starter so they could race ME.. just because it was fun... I have no idea how much strips charge to run anymore, but back then, it was worth the 20 dollar entry fee, and kept us all off the streets. fast forward to today.. I am building my dream car, and I am looking forward to running it at the local strip a time or two, just to get the time slip... the issue with that is.. racing is addictive. WHAT will it take to get another .3 tenths? If I pull the wheel wells, take out the back seat, lighten the car, add nitrous........

xerts1191 and FANTA-Z like this.