Ryatt's car detailing 101

Discussion in 'Show & Shine' started by Ryatt-Motion, Mar 20, 2005.

1. thelastz28

I guess this Ultra Car Care stuff is catching on. I thought you were the only one using it. :thumbsup:

2. Ryatt-Motion Staff Alumni

HAHA! I guess, it's great stuff and I totally stand by them!

3. josh6780

ha, I got it the moment I saw ricks car. I trust anything rick use's.

4. juanito

i can pick some up for you gerardo for the next gtg we meet at..

5. Ryatt-Motion Staff Alumni

Thanks Josh, this has to be the best stuff I have used to date, very easy on, easy off and great shine!!

Juan, you car looks totally awsome man! I had a great tme talking with you and your friend at the GTG!

6. Overdrive

Great to see this thread is still alive. I'm about to (hopefully) become another one of Mr. Ryatt's car-cleaning Protegés over this weekend. My front wheels are starting to look like gunmetal instead of brushed aluminum, and the automatic washes just ain't cuttin it. I want my car to glisten again. Wish me luck, Rick! :D

7. Ryatt-Motion Staff Alumni

Where the hack have you been little bro! Welcome back!:clap:

8. Sassy8722

Awesome, thanks for the thread, I am looking foward to washing my car again now! LOL

9. 94greenbandit

I think I will be putting this into effect this weekend. Going to the store to purchase this stuff during lunch today.

10. CRASH00527

great write up.

11. SexyHawk

wow...so I just read all 6 pages and learned quite a bit. Rick, what's the purpose in the olive oil and should I use it even if I'm using Zaino car wash?

The only downfall to reading this thread is that now all I want to do tomorrow is spend the whole day on my baby, when there is a ton of laundry, dishes, and other household cleaning that needs done as well :( lol...

12. 94greenbandit

You need to choose your priorities. Clean the car :chuckles: :chuckles:

13. Ryatt-Motion Staff Alumni

The reason for the olive oil is that it adds oil back into the paint what helps make it more pliable and resiliant to rock chips and such. Over time the sun fades the paints natural oils, and the use of cheap products and dish washing soap deplete what little oil was left. All you need is a table spoon of olive oil (extra virgin) in the wash, and that in itself will make the car look like it has been waxed.

14. squirrelishere

Hey Rick, is it ok that if after you wax the car(I used Mother's Carnuba Wax), you can remove it with a brand new microfiber cloth? I used the yellow colored one. Also, been driving around to work and all, I just spray a bit of Quick Detailer(Mother's) and clean any dust off right? Trying to keep it clean for the car show on Sunday. =p

15. z28camarocarri

youre supposed to remove it with a brand new cloth after you wax.

and as long as its not overly dirty, you should be fine using detailer to wipe off the car. Id suggest getting a california duster though, as it picks the dust up and doesnt wipe it all over your paint like wiping with a cloth can.

16. Ryatt-Motion Staff Alumni

Exactly! Always, and The Rock says, always, use a Cali-Duster to remove and debris or dust, because by spraying on the spray detailer to the dirty panels will cause you to rub dirt in to your paint and create fine scratches.

17. Vinsanity

After reading 7 pages worth: Thank you Ryatt, you've now given me something do to tomorrow morning, afternoon and evening.:thumbsup:

18. Ryatt-Motion Staff Alumni

You are more that welcome my friend.

19. nighthawk15

Rick, thank you for this writeup. It got me started earlier this year and got me pointed in the right direction for how to take care of my car. Just over 6 months ago I didn't even know what was a good wax. I'm definitely no expert still but I know a heck of a lot more than I did and get lots of compliments on my car's shine. The past few days I've been doing the other 3 cars around my house for my parents using the same method and they've been AMAZED at how the cars came out. I just realized that I completely missed part about the olive oil in the car wash. I gotta try that out! I'm also very interested in this Ultra stuff you keep talking about. Is it very expensive? My car is a DD so would it even be worth it or should I just stick to my Meguiar's stuff since the car is rarely perfect anyway?

20. noradar

It may look silly, but I take out my leaf blower and blow the entire car top to bottom. This gets all the water off and out of the little nooks and crannies that you miss doing it by hand. It really works great and you don't have to do it manually. I suggest ear plugs