Quick Audio Facts

Discussion in 'Mobile Electronics' started by Cam-aro, May 12, 2005.

1. digi7al ph0enix Staff Alumni

First post updated.

2. Unknown

Not trying to be mean, rude or picking on anyone. Though most of his facts are incorrect or misleading.

3. Giovannetti

well I dont know anything about car audio stuff but I think his stuff is pretty close from what I do know. He helped me figure out what was wrong with my own CD Player and he is like 1000's of miles away ;)

4. Unknown

Yeah on some things he is right or close to it. Though on most I would say he is wrong. It's a good fact for people that are starting to learn about car audio. It's like everything else, it takes time/experence to learn this stuff. It took me 7 years to know what I now know about it.

5. Cam-aro

PowerHouse Camaro

Your To Hardcore About Things 94_Z, And People Have PM'd Be And Said Many Times That Your To Harsh. You Tell People They Have To Do Anything The Complicated, Expensive, Hard Way. Yeah That's Cool For Guys Like You And Me, But Not Everyone On This Site Is Elite In The Car Audio Field. A Majority Know Absolutely Nothing... That's Why They Post On The Site. All The Information Is Correct, Or It Wouldn't Be Posted, You Just Have Your Own Methods And Versions... Some May Return Better Dividends, But Require Much More From The Owners... Something Many Don't Want To Do.

6. Unknown

Maybe I am "too hard core", but it's hard not to say anything when someone is posting false info.

7. Cam-aro

PowerHouse Camaro

We Would Have To Disagree Bud. If Someone Suddenly, For Some Reason, Finds A Problem With One Of My Posts, I'll Direct Them To You. Thus Far, I Have Yet To Receive A Complaint. Relax 94_, Your My Boy.

8. Unknown

Yes I understand that and I'm not trying to pick on you. I just think you should try and read up more and learn what t/s specs are and what they mean. Also read up on caps, enclosures, etc...

Like when you wrote about sensitivity (how effiecent the driver is). You wrote "The Lower The Sensitivity, The Less Power That Is Needed For The Speakers To Put Out Sound" which is wrong. The higher the sensitivity, the more efficent the sub is. So the more efficent the sub is the less power it will take for the sub to get loud. A driver with a sensitivity of 89dB/W/M will be more efficent than a sub with 83dB/W/M.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, or harsh. I just feel the right info should be posted. If you have any questions on anything you can feel free to pm me.

9. Giovannetti

gees you guys should sell tickets to this fight.......Id buy them!!!!!! ;)

10. Spyderking69

was wondering if 3 10s can be bridged

11. GradeZ28

Im pretty sure they can

12. Cam-aro

PowerHouse Camaro

Yes three 10's can be bridged... pending how many amps you have. DON'T bridge 3 subs off one amp... no no.

13. Cam-aro

PowerHouse Camaro

Update Has Gone In (thanks Phantom).

I reworded some info so it's not as confusing and I added two FAQ's. If you got any wild questions, please let me or 05_GTO know... we're here for you!

14. Cam-aro

*Yay*

1000 views. Hope some of this has been helping you kids out.

15. istoleacamaro

sorry to burst ure bubble but i hav a 96 with bose system and an aftermarkter JVC H/U and all i did was a wiring harness adapter and antenna adapter and it worked fine and works to this day...

16. GradeZ28

you can use an aftermarket headunit with the stock amplified unit, but the quality will not be nearly as good as if you upgraded the whole system to be standalone from the stock amplified system

17. LT1 Weezy

Totally depends on the Vehicle and the amplified system you have in the vehicle. On some Camaro's (V6's) with Bose you can kick on the blue wire typically (power antenna in standard GM harness) but in some situations Bose system have individual amplifiers on each speakers or one main central amp all cars have different possibilities depends how much time and money you want to invest. I know for instance corvette's are a whole different story but thats why metra and scosche make bose intergration harness's its all on the route you want to go. Some peoples methods are different then others it mainly depends on you want to approach it. Im pretty sure Cam-aro is probably MECP certified so he knows his stuff being that he see's it everyday as i do.

18. Cam-aro

Yep, sittin on MECP Bronze right now, workin on the First Class. Where do you work at man?

19. The Rezanka

I noticed it says that only the '98+ have 6.5 rear speakers, but my car is a '96 and it had 6.5 all around.

20. TopDawg3rd

Hi. I just joined to say one thing. Cam-aro, you are a huge help! I've met you on other FBody-related websites and you have always given Z28.com a good name, your a fine dedicated member here. I had a few car audio related questions and your segment here really helped me solve a few problems I was having with wiring issues. Thanks again! Tell the boss here you deserve a raise Cam-aro *z28rocks* .