My Camaro vrs Baton Rouge Corvette Club...pics inside..

Discussion in 'Z Lounge' started by MasterZ, Jul 9, 2009.

1. richard96

There cars dont have much personality. They lay down 50-70k for them and dont mod them at all.

Its like they buy the vette for one reason. To show everyone else up.

I think the viper guys are a bit nicer.

2. WartHog Staff Alumni

^^^ I agree with this. One reason why I love F-Bods and their drivers. :thumbsup:

3. SmokinWS-6

Awsome pics Jason!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. 95 Formula

While I agree that there are some very snooty vette owners out there I feel..as an owner of a vette...that the stereotype isn't always true. While I have experienced this attitude even being a corvette owner I feel that I need to at least say something as they seem to be getting pretty bashed here. I agree there are some that buy a vette because they think its a status symbol. These are the ones that have the attitudes and they won't even return "the wave" to other vette owners. I have a mid 70s car and found that some new vette owners don't appreciate the heritage of the cars. You do run across those that love the cars as those here love their f-bodys and appreciate what they stand for. Most of these vette owners appreciate, if not own, the older cars and also have a new one because they are just easier to have fun in. I just think lumping them all in one category is not deserved by the "group". If that is the standard I have to lump all f-body owners into the asshole catagory. Being an lt1 owner when the new ls1s where "the thing" to have i was snubbed, and talked down too. Still to this day you get "oh, why do you have a lt1, their crap" from certain parts of the ls1 f-body crowd. Not all but some. So should I say that these represent the f-body mentality, I think not. I'm a car guy, I prefer GM but can appreciate other brands. I don't want to own one but can't really bash them or their owners unless that particular person deserves it. Hell, my goal is to have a Z06 soon, don't know how soon but I will get one. Corvettes are my first choice, I've love them since I bought my first super chevy mag, which was a vette special edition, when I was 13 years old. Just because I would become a vette owner, and may not have a 4th gen when that happens, wouldn't make me someone who is just trying to show everyone else up. It means I have a car I love and appreciate. Anyway, sorry for the rant, I just think some of the comments were undeserving.

Cool pics jason.

5. MasterZ Staff Alumni

\

good points.... I couldnt agree more.

6. richard96

If you lay down 50-70K for a 70's vette, than you are just cool as can be. I am referring to the guys that go to the dealer, take it home and do nothing more. Just to say "I got a vette" and I can spank you anytime.

No harm intended. :)