Meet my daily

Discussion in 'Show & Shine' started by 1redZ28, Mar 26, 2009.

1. FANTA-Z Staff Alumni

You wont be disappointed if you go. Its a great time and everybody has a blast. Late nights and early mornings lol.

2. NevadasCrimson

nice truck! i wanted a s10 like that but i found my ranger for my dd instead because i couldn't deal with the mustang in the winter any longer lol

3. 1redZ28

thanks navada here is a better picture of it.if you look in the right top corner of the rear window you ll see a z28 sticker so everyone knows what my other car is. its lowered 2 inches in the front now and 3 inches in the rear. here soon i'll lowering it to 4/5 drop
    [​IMG]#ad

4. 1redZ28

put zq8 sway bars on front and rear. the front replaces the stocker (23mm) to a 33mm. non zq8 trucks do not come with a rear sway bar. the rear bar made a huge difference.
    [​IMG]#ad

stock sway bar vs zq8 sway bar
    [​IMG]#ad

cleaned the wheels up
    [​IMG]#ad

then got rid of the drop block for leafs. it sits level now and will go lower front and rear later
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

and just to show i still have the z
    [​IMG]#ad

5. 1redZ28

I now have full l.e.d. interior tag lights and h.i.d.s I just got two leather seats from a 95 z28 and the console and will be trying to put those in soon.
    bad pic of the h.i.d.s
    [​IMG]#ad

blue gauges
    [​IMG]#ad

l.e.d.s
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

6. richard96

Nice job. I like what you have done so far. Looks great. :clapper:

I want an ext cab s10. Maybe I'll swap my lt1/4l60e combo in there as well. My Z has been in atleast 3 wrecks so its no prize.

7. 1redZ28

this truck is no prize it is dented and dinged like crazy. every panel on it needs attention. But it starts and gets me around. a friend of mine that has supercharged lt1 700hp transmission am is putting the lit1 t56 with a lt4 hot cam from the 95 z I got the seats from in his 95 s10 with 98 front end. I hope to one day put a ls1 t56 in the s10 when this thing gives out and I get another daily. its one of those big IFs. I got the seats in last night. if ayone wants to make their driver seat power I have the track to do it. I used the s10 tracks to bolt to the camaro seats.

[​IMG]#ad

and a pic of the truck since alot of the pics have been moved
    [​IMG]#ad

8. SC Red Z28

Nice looking truck, I just sold my 98 S10 with the 2.2 and 5 speed. I just had put leather seats from a 2000 Blazer and found a full console for a 5 speed. Mine was pewter with the graphite interior, mine had dings and dents but still looked good. Had to sell one of my toys to get my 98 Z28. Mine had over 214,000 miles on it, and still going strong, hated to sell it tho.

9. richard96

Wow, its fun having the modding bug. I have a 2002 GMC 2500 with the 6.0. I hear with a cam, tune, and intake 550 hp is easily to achieve.

I really like what you have done. The stance on your S10 is perfect to me. The wheels look good as well as the seats do. You are giving me some really good ideas.

Post up all your pics as you go. Im your biggest fan.

10. pumpkinman

truck looks neat i got a cousin installing some tbss seats on a 97 s10 ill post a quick pic of it
    [​IMG]#ad

11. 1redZ28

looks good. I like the wagon wheels. they look better on there than they do a vette sadly IMO. I've started the interior swap from light grey so far I have the dash a pillar kick panel and door panels and wall carpet. ( i have the b pillars but have 2 bolts fighting me preventing me from installing them.)

before dash swap
    [​IMG]#ad

after (a/c vent is the old color, i have to find the dark color to put in it)
    [​IMG]#ad

12. richard96

You are making quick work out of this truck. Looking real good. I love it.

13. 1redZ28

Thanks I traded my stock s10 seats a set of salad shooters that I got just for the tires for the interior pieces.(free wheels that I mentioned earlier I was going to keep to put on my z when its just sitting) At this point I'm wondering if I should have made this a project thread. I drive it daily and funds are very stretched to make any updates. I have 2 motorcycles that steal away from the truck at times. Last night I started listing my mods and cost in my head. This thing has been a budget mod truck.

mirrors: $100
    spindles & blocks: $127 shipped
    replaced blocks with drop leafs: $70
    New Monroe air shocks for hauling bikes: $58
    zq8 wheels:traded my stockers for
    xtreme grille: traded my chrome one for
    window tint on side windows (going to redo the crappy tint on rear and tint entire front: $50
    l.e.d. third brake light: $40
    l.e.d. lights (hard to figure as I got l.e.d.s for my bike and girls car at the same time) $80
    H.I.D. headlights: $55
    diamond clear headlights and corner lights: $80
    I had a ($250 sold for $250) Chevy xtreme body kit, (bought for $50 sold for $50) sonoma hood and (bought for $50 sold for $150) extra bed with tailgate at one point but had to sell it all.
    seats: free
    console: free (to be replaced with s10 console that actually fits)
    dark grey interior: up to this point all aquired by trade.

so to get this truck as it sit I've spent less than $600. I'm sure I've forgotten stuff. I didnt include price I've spent on maitenance related things or paint I've used on the painted interior parts.

14. 1redZ28

well i finally got a s10 console. fit is much better than the camaro one. I am considering trading someone corvette wheels for the wheels thats on my truck y2k's 18s all the way around. would love opinions.

15. 1redZ28

Ok so as I said earlier I gor a 5 speed console for my truck and let me tell you they are hard to find. I gotone aguy tried fiberglass (pictured below) for $10 i garbbed the console insert and shift boot off it ( in these trucks the shift boot bolts to the truck acting as a big sound deadener ) Then I found another console in perfect condition that needed the rubber inserts from the other console. Then I used the camaro console shift boot as it is leather and much more appealing than the rubber s10 one ( the camaro one is attached to the console and covers the stock s10 one) Sorry no pics of the console in right now but do have pics of the gaps with the camaro console as well as the attempted fiberglass ones. I almost traded my wheels for some y2k vette wheels but the spacers he had wouldnt work with my drop spindles. (that is the pic of my wheel and a y2k) I work at a upholstery shop and a customer had seats done on a 2000 vette, I noticed he had c6 wheels on it so I asked him if he had the stock ones. He said he did and would sell them for $100. I jumped on them as they are painted favtory gm wheels in pretty much perfect condition. I do believe that brings you guys up to speed. I am also looking into a set of factory painted c6 wheels so one set may end up on my camaro.
    both consoles I used to make mine complete (keep in mind what I have $35 in goes for $120 or so
    [​IMG]#ad

gap in camaro console and my nasty carpet that I cant wait to replace with the dark grey carpet
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

aftermarket y2ks I almost got
    [​IMG]#ad

factory y2ks I did get. I have all four even though only 3 pictured. May try to make it a full set of 18's instead of staggered.
    [​IMG]#ad

16. 1redZ28

this happened
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

then got these. still have my other wheels
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

thanks to the driver that hit me my truck will have te grill, mirrors door handles (as opposed to the rough plastic it has now) tailgate shaved (handle moved to inside) and painted as well as bumper replaced.

17. 1redZ28

painted parts thanks to wreck
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

painted door handles
    [​IMG]#ad

shaved tailgate
    [​IMG]#ad

18. richard96

real nice work. I am really impressed with the S10, they look real good. You have done quite a bit to yours, keep up the great work, looking good.

19. 1redZ28

Thank You.I can't wait to finish the interior swap. Less interesting parts that have been put on lately is idler arm wheel bearings pads rotors air filter alternator and steering wheel to replace the chewed up one (replaced with a factory wheel). I now drive my z28 daily and my girlfriend drives the truck most of the time.

BTW the bumper is painted just not installed in the picture of the tailgate.

20. 1redZ28

heres a pic with the newer tires (295's). I do still have the 16's for those that prefer those. I just bought some anniversary ss 10 spokes for the z. Old tail gate is used to haul bikes. Truck has 193,000 miles on it. I have replaced all the parts in my last post plus cat muffler door pins and bushings and a few more interior parts. The interior is almost done with the exceotion of carpet. After the interior swap is done I am pretty much leaving the truck alone to focus on my black bike and modify the camaro. ( I will still be on the lookout for good deals on stuff like a SS style hood etc but mainly focusing on keeping it reliable while she drives it.)
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

just for fun the z with the vette wheels on it. I didnt like them on there and pulled them right back off. I am actually trying to sell the wheels right now
    [​IMG]#ad