Im Going To Rick's House ! ! !

Discussion in 'Show & Shine' started by juanito, Aug 10, 2007.

1. juanito

well.... good news! it wasnt the opti!! it was the coil wire that came off. the base is cracked so i just finished installing a new coil and she runs now. ohh yeah... its tooo **************** hot today!!!!!! well here are some pics i took on the camera phone. ill take better ones ..once the other thing is installed!!
    BEFORE ...
    [​IMG]#ad

AFTER........
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

2. Ryatt-Motion Staff Alumni

She looks fab bro!!

3. Puck

Looks awesome, time to update your sig!

4. juanito

thanks !!! but not yet.. im still not done..... :shhh:

5. Puck

Looks awesome, time to update your sig!

6. BADNBLK

Really nice color combo. I assume you are gonna paint the vents so that they match the stripe color.

Why do you have the Corvette flags on your camaro... especially on one side and not the other??

7. juanito

been meaning to take it off.. just one of those things you do when you have your first chevy with a corvette engine... the other one was stolen! lol ! and yes im going to paint the vents as soon as i have time to take em in. thanks for the props! :thumbsup:

8. Delicious D

need to rim up that car boy...looks awsome so far

9. LTJuanito

Hey rick you still around? Anyone here still around? This was my thread from waaaaayyyy back. Lol

10. Ryatt-Motion Staff Alumni

Not really around per say, I just come here when I get an email alert. I'm not really a Chevy guy any longer. I dumped one car, selling another one, and can't wait to finish and get rid of the last one. You might say, Camaro's and I are not in a good place these days.

11. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

We've got some old timers still around, but most people end up trading out cars after a few years, maybe they lose interest in a project, finances change, marriage and/or kids, etc.

On the flip side of that we have seen a great many new users registering, especially in the past 6 months. Posting activity is way up, I think by late spring time we'll have officially turned the corner on growth. Heck, even the Facebook page (which replaced the Facebook group) has suddenly started growing. Took nearly a year to get 450 likes... and in the past two weeks we've added another 400 likes. If this rate keeps up we'll be at several thousand in 3 months and that's a good way to push out content notifications, and keep people coming back. :)

12. Ryatt-Motion Staff Alumni

Ken, this site is bitter sweet for me, and so are Camaro's doe that matter. There was a time this site meant the world to me. And if you look back at my posts and threads, I guess you could say it showed.

People talk about being dependent on email and their phones, well Z28.com was the first thing I did in the morning, what I did before and after I ate, and certainly the last thing i did before I went to bed.

I don't have many friends, I have two or three people who are my friends and are the closest to me. I have pretty much been a loner my whole life. I think I subconsciously like it that way, so that is how things end up for me.

I made some friends here on the site and for a time, we had a great time and shared many experiences. But times change, and people move on and so did most everyone I know on the site.

Somehow to me, when the 5th gen arrived, I felt as though I saw the Camaro's mortality for the first time ever in my life, as the fabled legend as I knew it, started to become a car, and I car that did not agree with. I think what was really worse was that when I would take my 35th LE to shows, many of the 5th gen owners preferred to stay in their clique and not even so much ask a single question about our cars, and even go so far as to display a smarmy attitude toward 4th gen and under vehicle owners.

I tried to like the gen 5, but the more I tried, the more I realized I was changing inside and that what I loved about the car was gone. It was never the car, it was the enigma behind it.

As I mentioned, my friends had all moved on,this new car and new owners were flooding the streets, and on that instant I saw the cars mortality, and to me was no longer a legend.

Now, this goes without saying, this is just my observation. You couple the above with a certain 2000 SS Camaro that took me to my breaking point in repairs, and you have my back, present and future history of why I am a ghost on this site, and why Camaro is a name I rarely utter.

I drive my wife nuts, because anytime I or we go to a show, I sometimes find any excuse not to take a Camaro. I have my first gen project, which is almost completed, and I cannot wait until it is, as I cannot wait to sell it.

I hope this new generation of Camaro owners keep the tradition of legend alive for my cars namesake. I truly wish you and the site continued success. I know I said my goodbyes a while back, but like I said, I come back only when I am called back through an alert, and for that I will always be accessible to anyone.

As I said before, I have made some friends here, and my personal opinions will never lead my to turn my back on my friends.

Thank you for allowing me to share my thoughts. I hope none of it was offensive, and it was, I apologize. Take care and hopefully I will see some of you around.

Rick

13. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

Zero of it was offensive. I understand completely, from an experience of mine with a local car club. When you fall out of love with something, its tough to fall back in love with it.

14. Happy Boat

Rick sorry you feel that way. I have a 5th gen and hope to never treat someone like that. We're all Chevy owners, and I love the older Camaros. Some of this is probably GM's fault for waiting 8 years between models, it killed off the common ground between generations.

15. Ryatt-Motion Staff Alumni

You make a very interesting point Happy Boat. Many of the Gen 5 Camaro owners are young, and could possibly have been pre teens when the 4th Generation ended it's life-cycle.

That notwithstanding, it is still hurtful whenever we go to events like The All GM Annual Show, and show goers walk up to my car, and the others like it and say things like, "oh, that's a Camaro? I thought Bumble Bee was a Camaro...I don't like these older ones." Or when the 5th Gen guys and gals show up and point and gigle at our cars. I want to smack them in the back of the head and tell them, "The car you are making remarks about is the car that held the torch for you. It was the Muhamed Ali, George Forman and Legend of Rocky Balboa rolled into one package, which dominated the streets long after the last one rolled off the assembly line. It is the car that still to this day will walk any Mustang GT, and Challenger RT dry. It is a car that is still relevant by any standard."

Wow, it almost seems as though I like the car again LOL!! I don't hate the Camaro, I just am not who I use to be, and I think Ken said it best when stated that once you fall out of love, it is hard to fall back in love. I still do love the concept of the Camaro, as they will always be a part of my life in some way, shape, or form. I think the disgust and distrust all started with my 2000 SS T-Top. That car had to be a Friday/Monday car as it spent more time at the dealership than it did on the road. I spent so much money on repairs, and still yet, the car would chew up new parts and spit them out the exhaust. That car truly took me to my boiling point and then some. I could not wait for that monster to be gone. I was very forthcoming with the sale, and with the new owner, and he was ok with it, as he planned to turn it ito either a hot rod or a race car, which is pretty much what that car needed to be.

I do not associate myself as brand supporter any longer, but I will tell you that I truly like Mopars. My Challenger has changed the way I look at cars, and has renewed my zeal for American Muscle. In the end though, I do not think it matters whether you are a Chevy, Ford, Mopar, or soon to be Equus guy, as long as you have a want and like for cars is all that should matter. Maybe my passion for Camaro will return, maybe it won't, only time will tell. Enough of my ramblings, you guys and gals have fun, and as I always say, especially as this was my personl forum, "Keep the shiny side up!"

16. TSAEB

off topic but wow, i actually remember alot of these profile names lol.

sucks this site is so inactive.