How to make a sig tutorial

Discussion in 'Chop Shop' started by Ethan, Dec 25, 2007.

1. Ethan

Great job! It wasnt that hard now was it?

2. Ethan

Now keep going. I took the sig you made and did this

[​IMG]#ad

3. Neenjah

i think your focusing to much on the car cutouts.. you dont always have to cut it out.

[​IMG]#ad

A cool blur effect I use is I duplicate the layer.. and blur the original with Filter>Blur>Gausian Blur @ about 1.5. Then I mess with the blending on the top layer.

4. Jpack

Here is one I made for a friend, thought I would share. This was my first one I have made. I have had all the software, but tring to figure out how to use it all is a pain.

[​IMG]#ad

5. Ethan

I like the car to stick out more, plus you get better details. It takes me no time to do it. I don't always cut the car out though.

And JPack thats good, maybe you should try to learn again :)

6. Jpack

7. Ethan

both of your cars look a little smushed lol. Thats ones good to. You could blur the bottom to get rid of the rough edge.

8. GradeZ28

Jim, when your resizing a layer or selection, hold the shift button and it will keep itself proportioned correctly :)

9. LS1Tuner_06

:thumbsup: that's nice man.

10. LS1Tuner_06

ok so i'm here where i cut out the picture and pasted it in the sig area...how do i get rid of all the stuff around my car?

[​IMG]#ad

11. Neenjah

eraser tool or more of the polygonal lasso tool. you could also smudge out and use a nice blending effect.

12. Ethan

or use the history brush, with a soft edge and low opacity

13. GradeZ28

IMO, the history brush is a poor technique to use on anything :)

14. LS1Tuner_06

ok the eraser tool i haven't used and don't know how to. the history brush makes absolutely no sense to me and so far the smudge tool has been what's helped me the most. neenjah are you saying using the smudge tools helps create a nice blending affect or is there something else to help make the picture blend nicer?

15. LS1Tuner_06

i think i'm getting a bit better i'm not too sure tho. altho ethan, i would like to know how you made that sig of your with the eclipses and such.

16. LS1Tuner_06

17. Ethan

your getting better :) :respekt:. But your still boring :nana:.

Ill make the eclipse tutorial, but it may take me a while

18. Ethan

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Some things are hard to remake, and my sig is one of them. But those are the basics. The only thing left is for me to send you your bill :chuckles:...........

19. GradeZ28

you dont need to save and make a new canvas.. you can duplicate layers within the current image workspace and you can also merge layers if needed

20. Ethan

Yeah I never have used that :no: lol, I never really knew about it. I've pretty much taught myself and thats how I learned (save and open). Anyway thats good to know.

See I'm still learning knew stuff.............. I think everyone is still learning this program.