Go Pro

Discussion in 'Mobile Electronics' started by HidyHo, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Forgiven

Mine is a 2002 Z28 Does you suggestion include some kind of way to read the computer? Guages etc? Yes I am interested in that....

2. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...=elm327 bluetooth&rh=i:aps,k:elm327 bluetooth

Basically do a search for Elm327 blue tooth adapter on Amazon. You can get them for under $20. Once you sync it up with your phone there's at least a dozen free digital gauge and diagnostic applications in the Google Playstore which can connect to Elm327 adapters. You can also get a wired version, but you probably don't want to have to run long usb cable from under your dash to the phone. I would recommend a specific app, but it's pretty much a matter of taste as to which you want, download a bunch of them and stick with the app(s) you end up liking.

Forgiven likes this.
  3. Forgiven

So many to choose from, I did a search for the better ones, did not come up with anything definative. ELM327 did not implement copyright protection so there are many pirated versions out there with the early codes, etc....So seeing most are $10. or less now I simply went to Ebay and bought 3 different ones from popular sellers.....I can give the ones I do not want away as gifts, or return any that do not work well. Anyway this will be interesting I am sure......exploring the ways to monitor my car's functions...will use it first on my winter car...a 2006 Accord.

4. rattlecanz28

I use TORQUE as an app for monitoring my car's vitals when on the track. It'll read about %90 of OBD2 output and give you nice gauges to keep an eye on... if you are using a windshield mounted mount with your phone... make sure you tie it down for track time... don't want your toy flying out the window during a turn eh?

5. HidyHo

Anything like Torque I can use on a 90?