Changed My Oil Yesterday

Discussion in 'Z Lounge' started by egott_91, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Justablur

psssh i wish. Lol , i would freak alot of people out if i showed them a purple dip stick. I didnt even know the oil was purple when i bought it. I had to open it to notice. Nah, the dye runs out though . Turns to normal color

2. Synthetic Oil Guy

[​IMG]#ad

3. 92camaroLT1

AMSOIL is the best by fare, and if you do some research you will see the royal purple is one of the worse oils you can use, breaks down fast. I run mobile one I would run Amsoil if I could find a dealer.

4. flak_monkey

I've been told by several Royal Purple Reps to let it go for six thousand miles, but spin a new filter on and top her off every three thousand.

5. flak_monkey

6. Justablur

7. flak_monkey

You know what? I am really iffy about amsoil. Every time I search for them I get the same information repeated on NUMEROUS websites, similar to other scam products like H20forGas or Water4Gas. They have people up on youtube blasting royal purple and it just seems like a company that made a quality product wouldn't waste their time making claims like this with the same information about Moly and about ASTM tests and lawsuits concerning the term "synthetic." It looks more like a pyramid scheme than a lubricant company.

8. 92camaroLT1

Amsoil has been around for years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I remember that episode.....cold engine from sitting while they change oils....HUMMMMMMM that equals 8. it is a sponsor based show go figure...... You will find as many opinions about oil I quess the best thing is to use what you think is good after you research it and roll with it. Like I said before I just have seen way to many bad things about RP.

9. Greg Norris

yeah, when i first switched, i laughed when i saw it was really purple.

ill agree with you about amsoil being a good oil, but RP is not one of the worse oils you can use.

http://jcpm-inc.com/images/oiltest.pdf

mobil 1 has lost its performance as of late, their filters are still on top tho.

amsoil does have a lot of biased information out there... as does every one else. but amsoil is a good oil. i cant get the stuff here for a decent price, so i'll stick with RP. cus RP is better than mobil 1. period....

kinda like when quaker state would compare their 30 weight oil to a competitors 5 weight oil in the same type of engine... and they would say that their oil was better because of it. recent legal ramifications have made them use the same weight oil in their comparisons now.

10. flak_monkey

I didn't say they were bad I just said the way they present themselves on the internet, to me at least, seems shady at best. Hell they may have the best product in the world, but I'm not buying from anybody EVER again who goes on forums and bickers, or behaves like I've seen reps on Youtube behaving. THat's how I got in the mess I'm in with Outlaw Transmission. Look at some of the threads about them and you'll see the owner in flame war matches trying to defend his business.

11. Justablur

I can't find amsoil here, they don't stock it. So why am i going to use something i would have to travel or pay shipping for? They stock RP Here and i had no problems with it . Actually it helped my shut off and start up noise go down. I hear my buddies z06 shut off and start nasty. And its running mobile 1 synthetic. We have yet to put royal purple in it to see if it really makes a difference. (He's Mobile one oil or no oil kind of guys) lol.

12. Greg Norris

i found a site that sells amsoil wholesale with good shipping, ill have to go look for it again....

and dont ya just love those kind of people....

13. Justablur

lol no. Especially when he says mobil one is better and fail to look at results and tests. I told him his car sounds like **************** when the engine turns off , it only has 55k miles to my 102k miles. He says "Thats the ls motors" LOL . I told him mine dont sound like that anymore since i switched to rp.

he told me if i pay for the rp that he would use it LOL.

14. egott_91

Funny thing is, Royal Purple only cost $.70 more than Mobil 1 a qt!

15. Justablur

He isn't really worried about the cost. He's just IM going to use mobile 1 no matter if they put 75 %water and other contiminants at one point. lol.

16. egott_91

:no:that's not right! Hahaha!

17. Synthetic Oil Guy

Hi Greg. :wavey:I can get you wholesale for the entire line of AMSOIL products. Shipping is a moot point as AMSOIL saves so much money. :)

18. Synthetic Oil Guy

[​IMG]#ad

19. Greg Norris

thats the site i was looking for. thanks!

20. Justablur