Body Kit/Ground Effects

Discussion in '3rd Gen Camaro (1982-1992 Camaro)' started by Cam-aro, May 4, 2005.

1. Iroc350kid

Yea thats probably one of the only aftermarket body kits I like .. there is a 4th gen running around with that kit here in my town

Brandon

2. Cam-aro

PowerHouse Camaro

Does Anyone Know What That Kit Costs Or Where It Can Be Found There? I Have Been Looking For Months For A Kit For The 3rd Gen Camaros And I Have Yet To Find A Decent One. That Is Just A Pic, And I Copied It From Another Guy So I Have No Clue What The Source Of The Picture Is... Anyone Got Any Ideas?

3. Iroc350kid

Try going and looking at one of there sponsors located at the top of the site .. pretty sure they have it in one of them

Brandon

4. twofargon

NO dude if you look at the second page it shows the fruntrilly good and if you reed it i beleave that it will even tell you ware he got it from and the back is a bumper he took off an honda acord and you can see it dont quite mach up ya he did photo crop the wheals and tires take another look

5. Iroc350kid

My buddie had that same front end on his back in the day ... they cost alot

Brandon

6. morbidangelIROC

the kit you want is the preditor kit. for some reason thats one is really hard to find.

7. Iroc350kid

I have looking in and out of sites and only came up with pics .. no info on where they got it or even if its still around

Brandon

8. morbidangelIROC

I have no idea if they still make them if you are lucky ebay might have them

9. Iroc350kid

Yea, I think your right thats probably be the only way you might be able to find them for these cars

Brandon

10. Cam-aro

PowerHouse Camaro

I Guess I'll See What I Can Do... Maybe I Will Get Lucky And Come Across One. Hey Iroc, What Ya Doing In June... Any Vacation Plans Or Any Other Thing That Would Keep You Out Of Town?

11. Iroc350kid

Nope, I think I will be here in town all of June ;) (car should be all ready to go then) :D

Brandon

12. Cam-aro

PowerHouse Camaro

Excellent, Then I'll Come Up There And Pick Up That 355 Your Taking Out Of Your Car. Also I Heard Their Having The National Street Rodder Association Meeting Thing In Springfield In Late May Or Early June... Ya Know Anything About That?

13. Iroc350kid

lol well you may have to talk to my Dad about that ;) If you go on http://www.ozarkdragstrip.com someone on there is selling a nice 350 for only 800 bucks obo! :) Yea I go to it evertime it comes in town, I know at night they crusie up by karney and get wild and burnout and stuff its pretty cool to go watch cause that week-end alot of people drag out the old muscle cars and cruise with thme at night, tickets are pretty cheap to go to the show I think I paid like 15 maybe the last time it was here

Brandon

14. Cam-aro

PowerHouse Camaro

Right On. I'll Have To Check In On That, I May Come Up To Springfield To Check It Out.

Back To The Ground Effects, I Have Registered With Ebay, And I Am Now Looking Around To See What I Can Find, But I Did Come Across A Spoiler That I'm Interested In Putting On, I'll Give You Link, Tell Me What Ya Think.
    There's A Bad Ass '91 Mustang(hate to say it) In Webb City(He Dominates Me) That Has This Same Spoiler And It Looks Pretty Tight On His Car...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7974007991&category=33638

I Have Yet To Be Able To Come Across Any Ground Effects, But I Did Find One Set... Ugliest Thing I've Ever Seen In My Life... Check It Out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7972999042&category=36475

I Actually Like The Rear Bumper On It... The Rest Is Ugly.

15. Iroc350kid

Its not to bad, but it is adjustable ;)

Brandon

16. Overdrive

Body kit does look pretty bad. You would definitely want to lower the car, though, because as is that front looks too high off the ground with that kit. It looks like it could look ok if it's lower, but it seems too rounded for the angles of a 3rd Gen. It would look much better on a 4th Gen, but even still...glad to see that you don't like it, lol.

17. Iroc350kid

lol, yea the rest if the kit is questioning

Brandon

18. Cam-aro

PowerHouse Camaro

Lol, Just Because I Want New Ground Effects Doesn't Mean I'm Queer Enough To Like Everything I Can Find For My Car. I'm Thinking About Seeing If I Can Just Purchase The Rear Bumper... It Looks Pretty Good, Keep My Side Skirts, And Maybe Find Another Front Bumber. What Do You Guys Think About The Spoiler? I Really Wanna Do Something Different, If I Don't Use An Aftermarket Spoiler, I'm Gonna Get The 3in High Rise Z28 Spoiler...

I Agree About The Front Of The Body Kit... It Just Doesn't Appear Right For The Aggresive Look Of The 3rd Gen Camaros. I Really Was Thinking About Lowering My Car, About Inch And A Quarter... Will Cost About 120 Bucks, But Then I Was Gonna Put Air Ride In The Rear And Pump The Rear Up A Few Inches And Put Taller Tires Back There.

Hmm... I'm Full Of Brilliant Ideas. I Get My Exhaust Tomorrow Morning, I Was Gonna Get My Carbon Fiber Window Tint Today, But That Fell Through Because The Guys Couldn't Heat Shrink The Tint Onto The Windshield... It'll Be Looking Good By The Time I Go To Springfield.

19. Iroc350kid

I think the factory high rise spolier would look nice, What kinda exhaust are you getting?

Brandon

20. brandonz28