BMR/Koni

Discussion in 'Show & Shine' started by sweet-94z28, Feb 9, 2011.

1. sweet-94z28

Strano and BMR springs are virtually identical. BMR's are rated 10 pounds heavier in the rear. That's the only difference.

2. egott_91

What are the measurements from floor to fender? You might have said...I measured mine today, just wanna compare. I also have 18's though.

3. sweet-94z28

I think it was 26 1/4" in the front and about 26 1/2" rear. I really like how it sits since the front end settled a little more. Its got a little rake but it still looks even. I really need to get it aligned because the camber is off quite a bit in the front.

4. egott_91

I measured mine today and it was 26 1/2" in front and 27 1/4" in the rear. Wheel gap in back seems to be less than front. I think it has to do with the wheels and tires... It's definitely raked, but my car always has been.

5. sweet-94z28

I'll measure it again once I get it out to get a for sure measurement. It's been like 2 weeks since I measured it. It needs aligned anyways so that may change it a little in the front. Right now its -2.5 degrees of camber in the front. I'm sure the toe is off too. The shorter upper a-arm messes up the whole geometry when lowering.

6. sweet-94z28

I would just like to a make a comment about how this suspension is ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!!! With my new gears and everything, the car hooks up hard, and corners like it's a vette. I'm sure this thing would walk my dad's 94 vette in a road race and probably even some C5's. The only thing I can compare the ride quality to is a C6 Z06. Koni shocks and BMR or Strano springs are 100% the way to go on these cars. Its not harsh, but it articulates the bumps flawlessly. Just thought I would give an update since I finally got to drive it a little this weekend.

7. Firehawk409

It is no doubt by far the best combo. When i tossed the qa1 and put koni i thought it was a different car. Holds the road well and takes the bumps in the road very smoothly.

8. masonb51

Now I want some :(

Atleast now I know what the common concensus is on springs/shocks.

Good job btw and I like it, looks level and mean!!!!!

9. sweet-94z28

Yeah, now that it's all cleaned up, I need to get some more pictures of it. The stance has settled a little, but it's very agressive and it sits exactly how I wanted it to.