4th Gen Stereo Tips (done on an LT1)

Discussion in 'Camaro Articles' started by istoleacamaro, Mar 31, 2007.

1. flak_monkey

I grounded mine to a spot on the wheel well (by the jack). Just sanded it down nice and smooth, crimped a ring terminal onto my 1/0 and bolted it down with a bolt and a nylock washer on the other side. Very short, so it can't touch the tire. Works fine.

2. istoleacamaro

okay for the ttop guys the best ground IMO is when you unbolt your ttop rack on the sides of the trunk, pull the carpet back, slide the wire over the bolt using a ring terminal and then put the carpet and plastic ttop rack back and tighten it down... my car has never had a ground problem, ive also seen guys ground it under the seat belt bracket for the rear belts....

for the console you dont even remove it, just get the wires run and then you just get your fingers or a screwdriver under the plastic of the console and you can stuff the wires up there, i did it in 30 seconds lol

3. Reverend Drew

I grounded my Firebird off the plastic nuts that hold the tail lights in. Just pull back the carpet behind a tail light, unscrew one of the plastic nuts, rub some of the paint from underneath it, put the wire's ring terminal over the bolt, and screw the plastic nut back over it. Never had a problem with that either. <><

4. CRASH00527

easy install

5. vjw757

did any of you guys have a side post battery and how did you attached the power wire to it?

6. CRASH00527

with a strong ring connector.... come on now lol