Z28.com Weekend FYI

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Z28/Ken, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

I received this a short time from our data center:

Beginning tomorrow, Saturday SEP-30 2017, and through the coming weekend, we will be performing work on our physical network to prepare for future network enhancements. This will include replacing network uplinks to certain networking hardware.

During this time, it is possible that you may see brief periods of loss of connection while core network runs are switched over to replacements. These can be safely ignored and will not be long enough to register on networking graphs. Many of you will not even be affected by this work, we are providing notification in case any connections are accidentally bumped out of place.

Tags:
  2. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

Hopefully it is not like what I had to deal with with my data center lol.

3. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

They've usually been on target with things like that. I think its because of issues I've seen today. My ssh sessions on the server disconnect randomly every hour or so, and immediately the connection goes back up. They probably have a router or something going out.