Z28.com now supports hashtags

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Z28/Ken, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

Z28.com now supports #hashtags

Hashtags link threads with the same hashtag, allowing users to quickly find help from similar posts/threads. As with regular tags (under the post box when you create a thread), please use these for automotive topics only.

Tags:
  2. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

Hell I thought XF already supported this... Shows what I know lol.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  3. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

XF supports tags which you manually add under the post box when creating a thread, it doesn't have hashtags building into the post content though. Found a plugin which solves that. :)

4. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

I may have been thinking about the @ deal. Like @FANTA-Z lmao. Had to do that.

FANTA-Z likes this.
  5. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

Don't forget: "As with regular tags (under the post box when you create a thread), please use these for automotive topics only." This way we can keep hashtags as helpful links to related content, help Google better categorize the site, etc. Its different than user tagging. :)

6. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

My apologies. Deleted the hashtag. Just trying to have a little fun after a very horrible and tiresome day. I think this hashtag add-on will benefit the site quite well.

7. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

No problem, just busting your chops. Know all about bad days, got a client I'm putting off work for until they get caught up on past due invoices. Grrrr....