You Log In, You Post In Here

Discussion in 'Z Lounge' started by Tony, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

The rules are simple, when you log into Z28.com, post in here and let us know what is going on!

For me, My camaro's have taken the sideline to a monte carlo and a mustang that are taking up my garage. The Monte needs the TH350 rebuilt and the mustang we just pulled the engine and transmission out of even though there is only 30 miles on the engine and transmission. It's a long story.

I still plan on trying to get the engine rebuilt in the camaro, but need to get some room for it first.

So what are you up to?

Tags:
    TSAEB likes this.
  2. FANTA-Z Staff Alumni

I myself am waiting on some nice weather :) Just been working lately, and since it has been cold I have been cleaning up the garage and making it more of a gearhead garage with some posters and such. I am ready to do some more tinkering with the Camaro, and before too long it will be car show season here so that will keep me busy for a while :)

TSAEB likes this.
  3. 00redsvt

I'm here! lol y'all don't want me to start talking! I don't shut up!

Umm, the new to me SS is sitting out there, just chilling. I finally drove it by myself the other day to the store. I didn't want my husband in there in case I killed it. Been a while since I was in a stick shift. It was fun. Got the whole radio issue fixed. Nothing new to report with it. Trying to think of a "cool" vanity plate. All I've got so far is KSMYSS. Idk...seems dumb now that I see it in print. My husband is working 18+ hrs a day and I'm hanging out with the kiddo. Same old same old.

Who's next?

4. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

Well, it's been a bit since I have been on here, so here is the update.

This weekend my brother in law called telling me his transmission (TH350) was stuck in 2nd in his Monte. We decided to have him baby it here and we would pull the pan. When he got here a few hours later (only a 30 mile drive lol) we pulled the pan and found clutch material and metal in there. It was decided that we would just rebuild the transmission.

We pulled the transmission and started a video on the teardown, but I was tired and was forgetting all of the names of stuff (apply piston, accumulator and so on lol. Yup, it was one of those nights...) so we stopped. The next morning, I went out and pulled the pump, released the band and removed the apply piston. From there, tore it down and found the Low-Reverse clutches to be GONE.

I tell him this, and he said he was just going to get a used transmission. Yup, a wrench went flying, I was pissed. So I tossed the transmission back together, forgetting the bearing between the direct and forward drums and forgot to put the band back in there. Oh well, it cna't go anywhere anyway lol.

I also have a ford 302 sitting in my garage tore apart that we are going to be putting back together today. It has about 1.5 quarts of gas in the oil so we checked the bearings. So we have to get this back together and get a carb intake for it so that we can tune it (EPROM).

Once that is all done, I will be able to get MY cars in MY garage and change the oil on them. Which is about 3000 miles over thanks to all of this crap. Sucks when you can't even work on your own stuff.

so that is what is going on with me today. All work and no pay lol.

5. 00redsvt

Umm, not car related but I'm having an all out war with the dealership that I purchased my DD from. My husband is coming home in the morning and he's off for a couple days so I'm really hoping we won't need bail money. (Joking, kinda). They've had my Nitro for a week now and they're just being all around buttholes. So..we shall see how it goes in the morning.

6. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

Odd, I've logged in every day since and never saw this thread!

Anyway, been a week of too much stress, not enough work done, etc. Wife's elderly parents are needing help right now so the wife has been at their home for 3 of the past 4 weeks. So I'm dealing with regular work, being Mr. Mom, and doing some of the wife's work too (she's my business partner). My F-body search has come to a screeching halt the past two weeks, which bums me out.

So my check-in is a bummer check-in, lol.

7. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

Hope the in-laws are okay. I know what you mean about work on top of work though.

What F-Body are you wanting?

Here is my update....

Had an interview today and got the job. Thankfully, I no longer have to carry a gun every day and I'm not banging gears either. Pay sucks, but it's close to the house and I should enjoy the work as I work to move up.

We had a mustang in my shop last night (1990 5.0) and did some work to it. Really need to put the Z back in there to make the garage happy again. It's pretty pissed about having a ford in there lmao.

Still trying to talk my Brother In Law to understand it's better to rebuild the transmission, but he still wants to buy a junkyard transmission. I keep telling him to look at that first word... And when you are dealing with a TH350, used is usually junk with the Low/Reverse clutches gone.

Well, time to get back out to the shop and put this 302 together so I can get ALL ford stuff out of there...

8. Louvit Staff Alumni

I missed my good weather here in Florida, it's already to hot to do the track. I had issues to deal with and just started my car and got in it after 8 months

9. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

We have a rotating assembly in the 302. One step closer to getting this thing out of my garage!!!

10. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

And I'm back. Just finished shooting a video showing how to install a rotating assembly into a ford 302. I'm not a ford fan, but it felt good to get my hands on a torque wrench again.

11. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

Is everyone in a coma? POST UP!!!!!!

12. Forgiven

Little or no action = people not coming back. It is very hard to resurrect what was once here. Changes, photos lost, posts lost, (over many years, site changes, etc.) Many have moved on and there is not enough banter to keep new people coming back. It is nice to be positive, but sometimes reality has to set in.
    I am in the process of turning a stock Y pipe into dual exhaust, will post pictures when completed.
    Mike

13. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

There is always a way for a site to come back. And I'm hoping this thread will help. I know it's helped on my forums.

14. 00redsvt

Got my DD back finally. Seriously thought i was going to cut someone over it. I am on the warpath over that thing even though its sitting in my driveway as I type this. Bought three damn cars from this dealership on the same day and have been consistently treated like dirt since jump when it comes to warranty repairs. They're lucky I don't participate in Facebook or theyre name would be all over it. Had great weather today, which automatically means i got a migraine and slept through it. Now its supposed to snow tomorrow. So it goes. Trying to help with the revival OG the site, but somehow, housewife stories aren't that interesting, lol. Sorry! Ooh, husband is looking to start modding the SS, im open to all suggestions... I think he should leave it bone stock though, and not mess with the value! What do yall think?

15. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

As for modding the SS, I think that would be best discussed in the tech section. I know this section used to be for off topic only, or as in the case of this thread, just a place to do some catching up.

I know what you mean about dealerships, they suck most of the time. however, you can find a good one once in a while. Hope it gets better for you.

Sucks about the migraine, thankfully I have never had one of those.

It rained ALL DAY here, so I decided to clean out the "Vair Garage". This is the garage that we used to keep a 1964 Corvair Convertible in. It's storage now though.

Guess tomorrow I will clean out the other garage and start shooting some more videos. Yay for more work lmao.

16. FANTA-Z Staff Alumni

I am doing laundry, and watching Nascar and Kentucky basketball :)

TSAEB likes this.
  17. Sahara54

Sitting at work, watching snow fall after 2 days of having the t-tops out...I hate the weather this year.

18. 00redsvt

I cried like a baby during the UK/FL game. Like, woke up this morning with swollen eyes. These kids are killing me, FantaZ.

19. craig98z28

Fell asleep after dinner last night...hello monday morning...it's pretty disappointing

20. redline0889

I finally got my car out of storage this Saturday and back to my place. What happens sunday? Complete whiteout blizzard. At least this week is supposed to be fairly nice and the snow is already almost all melted. Now i just have to figure out what's going on with my car and get back on the road! :confused: