Wow, Can't believe I may extend

Discussion in 'Support Our Troops & Hero's' started by Camaro00ss, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Camaro00ss

I'm in Iraq right now. when I get home I would have most of my bills paid and $20,000 in the bank for a new house. If I extended for six months I would save an extra $30,000.(just put in my packet for E-6) So, I'm thinking about it, I'd put a little extra on the car then put $40,000 on a house and keep an extra $5k to buy stuff with.(washer, dryer etc.) I'm thinking about it but dang..... time crawls over here.....

Tags:
  2. FANTA-Z Staff Alumni

Yeah thats good money for sure, but dont know if I could do it. I do want to THANK YOU for your service to this great country and keeping me and my family safe!!

3. RSDZ302

Thanks from a vet.

I had the same opportunity when in South East Aisa. I took the money and paid for a new 1970 Z/28 to be delivered to my home town in August 5 months after my return. The longest wait in history waiting for that car. Then came the strike at the Vet assembly line in Van Nuys. postponing the release of the 1970 Vet's and Z's. I opted to accept a late model 69 Z rather then wait for the 70 to be delivered to me in Jan. 1970. Back to the long wait between April and Aug. I still had $5,000 burning a hole in my pocket so I went to the local Harley shop and bought a new FLH fully dressed Harley. Best time I ever had was the 3 years fallowing my return.
    Good luck and return safely please.

Dwan UASF

PS by the way I still have that Z

4. pmr253

Take advantage of what ever money you can get out there, I never got the chance to deploy and every time we tried to go somewhere it was scrapped.

5. jgoodson

Really! they sent me on two 7 month deployments back to back lol. I got out of this one cause i dont have enough time on my contract thankfully

6. pmr253

The test console's that I worked with don't respond well to deployments, that and the fact that it takes an enormous inventory to troubleshoot and repair avionics ensures that we almost never deploy in any significant amount. If you do go over you won't be doing anything close to your job and maybe 10 people out of a several hundred ever get to go over that way.

7. jgoodson

Gotcha! How ya been? How you liking the outside world lol

8. pmr253

Just been doing college and work. I got out late in the summer so I didn't really get to enjoy anything but this dumb winter weather we have had. All in all its been better than I thought it would be. I do miss some of the friends I used to work with but that's the only thing I miss.

9. jgoodson