Wideband confusion

Discussion in 'Computer tuning and diagnostics' started by KYWes, Aug 18, 2019.

1. KYWes

Ok, I see the Innovate and other company's wideband products that are available.

I also read things about adding the data (?) wire from the wideband O2 sensor to the AC Pressure Switch or pin 27 of the blue PCM connector.

Is it possible to replace the non-wideband o2 sensor with a wideband, attach the data (?) wire to one of the two connections listed above and log data with a program like eehack?

I'm not looking to constantly monitor my AFR but rather just interested in tuning the engine with wideband data.

If so which wideband o2 to get?

Tags:
  2. FANTA-Z Staff Alumni

I have the innovate on my car and it works great. I also ran one on my 95 back in the day and had the wire attached to the AC switch and logged the data using Datamaster. I'm not sure about the program you are using but I would say it would work. It's just using a 5 volt signal and adjusting for the wideband to be read on the data program you are running.

3. KYWes

4. KYWes

I looked at the Innovate but don't want to have to install the bung or face the expense although it's not really all that bad. I have a program called eehack that will log with a wideband O2. You just have to tell it how the sensor is connected (AC or PCM) and the specs.

5. FANTA-Z Staff Alumni

What headers did you go with and are they coated? If so what about the y pipe?

6. KYWes

I did Pacesetter LT coated, and y-pipe non-coated. Isn't the y-pipe a little too far?

7. FANTA-Z Staff Alumni

Not necessarily depending on where you put it, meaning right after the junction from header to y pipe. You could even swap the narrowband and wideband location if you need to.