Which Emblem?

Discussion in 'Show & Shine' started by egott_91, Feb 18, 2011.

?

Which Emblem?

1. "SLP" Emblem

33.3%
  2. Custom "LS1" Emblem

55.6%
  3. Other (voice your ideas)

11.1%
  1. egott_91

So, I'm still trying to decide what emblem I want to do on the left side of my "berger" panel, as you can tell it's bare...

[​IMG]#ad

So, my idea was either the plain and simple "SLP" emblem like everyone has...(hope you don't mind me using your car, Greg):nana:

[​IMG]#ad

OR, getting a custom emblem done by EmblemPros which would look something like this, but the emblem would be stainless, LS in gloss black, 1 in red, and 346 Cubic Inch below the LS would be in flat black.

[​IMG]#ad

So, what do you all think I should go with?

Tags:
  2. masonb51

I say go custom. If you know everyone has that emblem then step away from the norm and go with something trend setting! Just my 2 pennies..

3. egott_91

Can't go wrong w/ the SLP emblem though on an SLP car. Lol. Thing I'm worried about, is spending $50 on an emblem and hating it...instead of spending $10 and knowing I'll like it. I've been debating this for almost a year now...lol

4. WartHog Staff Alumni

Go custom. Sorry, but even people who do not have an SLP car put SLP badging on them. Go with the custom emblem. No one else has it. :thumbsup:

5. egott_91

Another thought...LS1 emblem like above, but 346 cubic inch and the 1 in silver.

6. WartHog Staff Alumni

I can't decide on that. Do you mean chrome for the "LS" and silver for the 1 and 346? If so, that'd look kind of strange. I like the color on the rest of thebadge, but it looks orange right? Not sure that'd go with the silver of the car either. No other orange on the car right? sorry, not much :help: on this one.

7. egott_91

The "LS" would be stainless, the emblem would be black. The "1" and "346 cubic inch" in metallic silver (if applicable). That would make this emblem be black/stainless/silver, no red at all.

If I went with my first option, it would be a stainless emblem, "LS" would be gloss black, "1" would be red, and "346 cubic inch" would be flat black. That would make it be stainless/black/red. Kinda like this but instead of Camaro over the LS, it would have the 346 cubic inch under it...
    [​IMG]#ad

I have red on the nose badge, all my suspension parts, and the bowtie on the right side of the "Berger".

I think the first option would balance the red out and the second option would look maybe "cleaner" in a sense and not like "look at me". Get what I'm saying? Lol.

8. LS1Tuner_06

I like a little look at me. I like the custom badges more.

9. egott_91

I think it might be a little overwhelming...

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

10. StrobinSS

Nothing wrong with the SLP one. If I didn't already have an emblem on that side I'd slap an SLP one on.

11. egott_91

I'm kinda leaning towards the second custom option...

Black emblem
    "LS" in stainless
    "1" in metallic silver
    "346 cubic inch" in metallic silver

It would match the theme on the rest of the car and I think the emblem would look pretty killer.

12. WartHog Staff Alumni

"If I went with my first option, it would be a stainless emblem, "LS" would be gloss black, "1" would be red, and "346 cubic inch" would be flat black. That would make it be stainless/black/red. Kinda like this but instead of Camaro over the LS, it would have the 346 cubic inch under it..."

I'm liking this idea.

13. greg_74

I say that or the SLP one. The stainless emblem on the black panel looks too bulky.

14. egott_91

In thinking it's going to be the custom option where the emblem is black, "LS" stainless and "1" and "346 cubic inch" in silver.

15. egott_91

Here's how the custom LS1 emblem in my original post looks like from further back. I think my idea would look good on my car.

[​IMG]#ad

16. Z/YA

I would go with the custume one over the SLP one if it was me. I have the stainless Z28 badges on the fendors.

But if I was you I would go buy the LSX badge so then you have a perfect excuss to go buy that 454ci monster!

17. Ryatt-Motion Staff Alumni

The ass end is already pretty busy on its own, I say if you do anything, delete the CAMARO, paint it satin, and install retro circa 69 SS emblems in the center.

18. egott_91

Went with this.

[​IMG]#ad

19. Extinct Staff Alumni

I like it....now get it on the car!!! ;)

See ya on the road,
    Matt:wavey:

20. egott_91

Thanks. Might be a month or do before it's on. Ha.