Where do Camaro's peak @ hz

Discussion in 'Mobile Electronics' started by Maroon Z, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Maroon Z

Going to be doing my first real system in my 93' Z. Now I'm use to trunk vehicles, my current daily driver is a 98' grand prix. I've had allot of systems in that car! Always dealt with trying to get that car to play flat, could never get it loud in the 55hz+ region. Now in these cars (F-body's)do they have a pretty flat tuning in them, or do they like to peak bad at any certain freq? I'm not looking to compete, just a great sounding daily driver. First box will probably just be sealed to get a feel of the cars acoustics.

Also, how bad is the flex on these vehicles? I was planning on toning it down a bit, didn't want to hurt my baby lol. Thankfully my grand prix didn't flex too bad.

Thanks z28.com!

Tags:
  2. Kevinn

What hz is best for a camaro? You need to take a lot into consideration.

Box design
    Sub Design
    Do you want to be really loud
    Do you want the best sound quality
    Do you want the best of both worlds

It all varies.

3. Kevinn

What hz is best for a camaro? You need to take a lot into consideration.

Box design
    Sub Design
    Do you want to be really loud
    Do you want the best sound quality
    Do you want the best of both worlds

It all varies.

As far as flex goes it should be horribly bad on a LT1 camaro. I know my 3rd gen had a horrible rattle sound from the hatch, but I wouldn't think a 93 model would that bad.

4. Maroon Z

I'm going SQ in this vehicle, but I'm not gonna dump allot of money into the audio (for now). I have a few RE8's I'm gonna use for now :tongue:

5. flak_monkey

Two phrases never seriously spoken in tandem. You want to play, you got to pay. Period. Although the RE8's are better than most of the cheap chinese !#*!#*!#*!#* in big retail stores right now.

6. flak_monkey

I've got an SQ system. You should run a sealed box and shoot for a -3db of ~30hz. I've got a ported box that's right at about 26hz. If you wanted to run an SQ system, why would it matter what frequency the car peaked at? You should be trying to avoid the peaks with sound deadener for flat response.