Where can I pull up base coat prices?

Discussion in 'Show & Shine' started by Ethan, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Ethan

Looking to find what a gallon of Octane Blue Pearl clearcoat would cost. It's an Evo Lancer color, code D06.

Also when it says clear coat in the name does that mean it's a 1 stage paint job? I prefer 2 stage.

*Edit* Dad said you can get any 1 stage paint in a 2 stage application.

Tags:
  2. BdNflnc

If it says bc/cc by the paint code, that means basecoat/clearcoat.. which means its a 2 stage system, so yes it would have clear applied over the top of it.
    The way to find out the price is to call a paint supply store and give them the same info you just posted and they can quote it for you.

If you want, I can make a call to my supplier and get a quote for you.

... um, just so you know. If you are doing a complete paint job - body, jambs and everything, you may need more than 1 gallon.. just a heads up. :)

3. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

I know just to paint my car, bc/cc, was going to be about $600 just for paint. That did not include the supplies to get it ready, or to buff it out when I was done. This was not a "top of the line" paint job either. I could have done it for about $400, but I figured that I would put a couple hundred more into it.

4. Ethan

That would be great if you want to Landon.

We painted my brothers 93 Chevy K1500 regular cab short wheel base and still had about a quart left over. I plan on painting the engine bay black, so really the only thing that will require additional paint will be the bit you see inside the car and in between body panels.

We are planning on spending around $1,000. We already have a little clear and primer. We have all the supplies necessary to do all the painting and buffing ourselves, done it before. Painting is 99% preparation.

5. BlueZee28 Staff Alumni

*Most* suppliers would rather you give them a WA____ number instead of the 3 digit code you mentioned. According to the store I buy my paint from, it's easier to pinpoint exactly which color you're talking about with a WA number because sometimes more than one color will have the same 3 digit code. WA's have 4 numerical digits following, for instance the color code for my car is WA9591.

6. Z/YA

Yep, what Landon said lol.

7. Z BOY MIKE 25

check with your local automotive paint store but the paint and material looks kind of high

8. Ethan

I will look for the WA code and see what i find.

9. BdNflnc

I believe the WA numbers are GM only, but I could be mistaken. Its been awhile since I worked in a body shop. Usually, each manufacturer has their own code. If I had the 2009 Import paint chip book, I'd go look the code up, but I only have the domestic book.

10. richard96

I priced out a base/clear paint with flex primer and body prep. $1000 dollars for 1 coat primer, 3 coats base, and 3 clear. That was orange inferno metallic. Single stage in the same color with all supples was $550.