Fresh Rain Equals Slick Roads...

Discussion in 'Z Lounge' started by Tony, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

Just ask the driver of this Pontiac Solstice. In the beginning of this video, you can see the rain clouds in the distance as I'm heading to Tulsa. Unfortunately for her, the roads with the fresh rain got pretty darn slick when the rain started falling.

Just remember, roads are going to get quite slick when it first starts to rain. The oils come up and bad things can, and will in this case, happen.

The driver was fine, the car was still driving down there, and even if I did stop, there is nothing that I could have done to help.

Tags:
  2. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

The week after I did a lot of upgrades to my supercharged truck I took some guys from work out it in, and let my ego get in the way of my brains. It had rained earlier in the day, and I hadn't driven it more than 15 miles since the upgrade so I wasn't used to it. Boost kicked it when I didn't expect (the boost by-pass is PCM controlled) and it went sideways almost smacking the truck bed into a concrete wall. I got lucky and nothing happened, and I stopped doing stupid things like that!

Everyone stay safe!