Well hello there...

Discussion in 'Z Lounge' started by Extinct, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Extinct Staff Alumni

Hello guys and gals,
    It's time that I stopped by my "other home" isn't it??? I thought that I should stop by and see how my brothers and sisters are doing?

So let's see....what's new?

In my life, it's been quite a rollercoaster. In October, my father was diagnosed with cancer the day before my birthday. It has been a very difficult road to travel down with him from hospitilizations, chemotherapy, and "those conversations" that I've never wanted to have with him...but I'm glad we've had them. Luckily, I've had lots of support from Krissy and some of my family from here to help me through. As for now, my dad has good days and bad...he's starting to lose some weight, increased weakness and general malaise, and he's been fighting some depression. It's been difficult as a medical professional to step outside of the professional world...and into the personal world...but we've been getting along.

I've been very busy with work. I recently accepted a Field Training Officer position with my 911 job. There's more responsibility involved without any extra pay...but I do get the pleasure of assisting in the training of the next generation of prehospital emergency medical professionals. I've also been attempting to join a new special operations team...

Home life is great....still have the toys. Mariah, Stacey, and Taylor are hanging around. Kristen and I are going to DC tomorrow (so if anyone on here wants to meet up...send me a PM). It should be a great time...and we get to tour the White House.

So how is everyone???

See ya on the road,
    Matt:wavey:

Tags:
  2. Timmz28

well as you know i sold the z
    since then i bpught a bronco, fixed it way to many times sold it
    bought a 1998 GMC Sierra Z-71 AND love it! just put exhaust and Cold air intake on
    finished my first semester of college with a 87.5 Average.
    and thats about it!, i want a T/A sooooo BAD!!

3. LS1Tuner_06

hey man! hope things keep on the up side over there for ya. seems like everything is going well for the most part! I'm willing the position you decided to take will help you later down the road and maybe keep things moving up hill for you as far as promotions go. at least I hope so. I plan on going to G16 this year. if I do it will be by myself. but time is coming to where we should have those topics coming up soon. Should everything work out for me to go, I sure do hope to see you both there!

4. Gatorhead

Sorry to hear about your father! The message you sent us is bittersweet. I am so happy to see you doing so well in life and hitting all the benchmarks.

5. ZZTopless

Glad to hear you're hanging in there, Matt. I'll be praying for your father and family. Not to sound preachy, but don't underestimate the power of prayer. My wife's grandfather was diagnosed last year with cancer and he's 90 years old. At his age, you automatically expect the worse, but with some support from the man upstairs and a great family, he beat it. He just had a follow up with the doctor last week and everything looks good. You guys have a good holiday and hope to talk to you soon.

6. BdNflnc

Hey Matt! Good to see you back on here! Sorry to hear about your dad! I'm praying for Gods will and healing. Also for comfort for the rest of the family. Havent talked to you in a while.. hope you are doing good.
    Answer your texts yo!!!! haha

7. Ryatt-Motion Staff Alumni

I just decided to pop in as well. Man, I am very sorry to hear about your dad, he's a really nice guy, and I remember talking to him a few years ago, so please tell him we wish him well. We just loast Kris mom last month to cancer, and that was rough, and it still is. Give Pablo and your family our best and know you are in our thoughts bro!!