Welcome to our tuning and software section!

Discussion in 'Computer tuning and diagnostics' started by FANTA-Z, Nov 30, 2009.

1. FANTA-Z Staff Alumni

First of all this section is for those that are trying to do some of their own tuning or maybe just trying to learn about tuning or diagnostic software. This section is not to take away from our Sponsors that make money making custom tunes for members. With that being said we have some members here that are pretty good at tuning and reading data logs from a diagnostic program, so if you are working on a tune or would just like some help with some of your datalogs this would be the place to post up a topic.

Tags:
  2. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

I would like to start off by thanking Jason for letting us put this forum on his site, and to Glenn for actually making it. I know that Glenn has helped me out quite a bit in my tuning venture and that is one of the reasons that I think that this site will benifit from this section.

As stated, This is not a forum so that we can just make custom tunes for everyone out there. I would assume that no one will be sending any computers to other members.

But, thank you to the staff at z28.com for allowing this, now post up some questions lol. I know that I will be posting in here quite a bit in the near future...

3. FANTA-Z Staff Alumni

Also just for a reminder for those of us that know a little or even a lot about tuning there are no stupid questions out there!!!! The only stupid question is the one that is not asked. So if a question is pretty basic it is our duty as fellow members to help the other member understand what they are asking about. Basically :D I dont want any members getting flamed for asking a question that we think is common knowledge. I know just enough about tuning to be dangerous lol but I will help anyone out that I can, and like I said we have other members on here that know a thing or two :)

4. UKRob

Tony.. This forum was a great idea mate

Jason.. Thank you for green-lighting the new forum

Glenn.. Thanks for setting it up so quickly.

Cheers fellas [​IMG]#ad

5. richard96

Do I see a tutorial booth at G14? or is that too much?

I would like to see some hands on programming.

6. FANTA-Z Staff Alumni

I will be there for sure and I will have my stuff with me like I did last year and I will help out anyone that I can.

7. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

How cool is that... I know that there are some people here that have no idea what goes into a tune and being able to show them "hands on" is really cool.

8. FANTA-Z Staff Alumni

Yeah the only issue is with all the hanging out we do its kind of hard to fit it all in lol. Usually though we stay up late and maybe then we can go out for some logging sessions. This way the person driving can pay attention to what they are doing on the road and someone can ride in the passenger seat and watch the laptop and the datalogging.

9. fast 93 z

If I can help out in this section let me know. I am not a professional but I can hold my own in tuning. I have played around with tuning LT1 cars for about 12 years. Still learning from the infamous Moe B.

10. FANTA-Z Staff Alumni

Thanks for offering your assistance Tony :D

11. UKRob

Well I'm totally new to this aspect and so its great to know there are people like yourself who are willing to help us. Cheers for that :)

12. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

Lots of great people here from all walks of life that put together, know just about everything lmao...

13. 92camaroLT1

I have learned alllot from some great guys from this site, and I can say that at g14 it will be hard to do much....right Glenn.....LOL

14. FANTA-Z Staff Alumni

Yep you are correct Sean :)

15. Paulster2

Great stuff Glenn! Thanks to you and Jason, no doubt about it. I will have some stuff going on as well this spring if not sooner.

16. JonnySTS

I would capitalize the T and D in Tuning in Diagnostics in the title of the thread imho.

17. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

You picky ass, you are starting to sound like me lmao!!!

18. richard96

For those interested in tuning. Can we have a sticky about what you need as a starter kit with links? I know this question will be asked many times. "what do I need"

Tony, here is your writeup dog.

19. bobdec

I agree w/richard finding accurate concise tuning information, software and scan tools for different year f-body's can be a trying experience... Here's my history... My name is Bob, been tuning for about two years, started out with a stock '94 Z28 with bolt-on's then went nuts trying to find a shop (or dealer) to fix my shifting and speedo after a 2.73-3.42 gear upgrade. Spent hours searching and reading, purchased mail order tunes, dowloaded some pretty bad (and incorrect) free tunes and finally started tuning on my own. However the timing for my LT4 Hotcam & 1.6 RR's were driving me nuts. I just couldn't seem to get the timing to match the new cam power curve correctly. So I purchased a mail order from Solomon and have been working with him for the past month or so. I plan on keeping the good parts, but I want to be able to eventually do it all on my own..
    Found this forum topic the other day and still trying to crisp up the difference between it and the 4th Gen - Computer/Electrical Topic. Do you plan to redirect tuning questions from there to over here ? Is this topic open to all years and body styles. As this on is still in infancy stage setting up some good sticky's or links in one spot would be something to think about.. I have limited experience compared to others, but would be willing to participate in some info gathering...

20. streetfreak

Help can't find ecu tuning tool!

I have a 1995 camaro z28 with a LT1 383 stroker motor in it and can't find a ecu tuning tool for the motor! The only one's i find are for stock LT1's.