Wax

Discussion in 'Show & Shine' started by 86RedRocket, Jan 2, 2003.

1. 86RedRocket Staff Alumni

I've been told and read that Zaino is some of the best out there. I've also been told that Zymol is some great stuff. It uses all natural substances. I persoally like Mother's and Miguires.

Tags:
  2. frankjr8

I have heard zaino is awesome also, I have been using Meguiar's Gold Class. It has been great. I am willing to try zaino. Gold Class has been great on a black car, waiting hear more on Zaino.

3. Mykdiver

Zaino is awesome, but expensive, and you can't just go down to the store and buy more. I use Mothers,it works good, and is readily available.

4. Clive Cobbett

Pampering the paint...

I have tried them all... Nothing compares to 3M's Imperial Hand Glaze. It works awesome on all of my cars. It also does wonders on my black ETC, let alone my orignal two tone paint (lacquer), 67 Impala, and of course my 98 Z-28.
    It hides swirls and spider marks and shines better the more you use it. I finish off with a coat of McGuire's Gold Class for paint protection. A few years ago, Hot Rod magazine did a product test article of all the usual products. They rated 3M's Imperial Hand Glaze as one of the best! If you have not tried it, you should. (just my opinion) You will enjoy the results, along with the admiration of your rides blinding finish from your fellow enthusiasts. Try to get the original product as they have started to change the product line. (it included stoddard solvent)
    You have to buy it from a supplier or paint finish company as it appears to be a commercial product. p.s. (don't tell anyone your secret when your done buffing)

5. wasted

3Ms imperial hand glaze is straight up the best when used on a buffer with a foam finger pad ...we used this stuff on everything from a chevelle that one the national award to show winning 55 chevys down to a geo metro ...i used to work in a body shop

6. Z Angel

Zaino is the best stuff I've ever used. It takes a lot of work at first, but in the long run it's well worth it since I live in a state where it rains a lot. I get a lot of enjoyment just watching the water run right off instead of puddling up and knowing I don't have to wax it again right away.

7. 97 Z Me Go

Zaino rules i got a black z and it really makes her shine better than when it was new. It might be expensive but its so worth it cause it last forever and looks like a mirror.

8. ncnbmss

ive tried tons. ziano takes time, but its the best out there!

9. inutero

uhhh I just use that turtle wax crap and my silver Z gets shiny as hell :D

does anyone know where I can buy one of those clay bar's?

10. metalhead_z28

hey i've ogt a 99 Z and it looks like my front bumper and hood has little white "things" in it.. im not sure what they are, they look somewhat like dust or something. Have you guys heard of something like that? and if so what could i do to fix it?
    i was thinking maybe a clay bar? It seemed that i only noticed it after i first waxed my car w/ McQuires gold class wax and it didnt turn out good at all on my front end.:confused:

11. Clive Cobbett

Pampering the paint

Hey Metalhead Z 28,

Maybe your front bumper and hood are chipped and the wax you have applied has filled those spots. You might try a small detail brush or soft toothbrush to remove them. If that does not remove the spots, try a little varsol and then re-apply another coat of wax. Use the detail brush to remove any deposits and buff with a clean cotton cloth or terry towel. You could also try some 3M Imperial Hand Glaze applied with a foam pad on a machine buffer. If that does not work, it sounds like time to consider a repaint on those sections...

Good-luck. CC.:firedevil

12. metalhead_z28

Re: Pampering the paint

hey,
    yeah i was thinking some of them are little chips , but some will sort of come off if you give enough pressure while trying to scratch them off. I plan on ordering a new hood soon so i will have it painted, and have my front bumper repainted then( the woman who had it before me hit a curb i believe and caused a nice little scratch all the way down to the fiberglass
    I was also thinking that if its not chips then maybe a clay bar would remove it?

13. Flamed 96

Hey Metalhead....
    I had a car once that sat close to the neighbors yard, and they decided to buy that piece of crap Wagner house sprayer......and the story from there is obvious.
    If you can apply pressure and they seem to go away, it could be that you parked too close to some airborne paints or varnishes.

Just a thought....think back, and see if you remember Mr. Wilson next door painting his house.

Just a suggestion

14. metalhead_z28

i have only owned the car for a couple of months. I bought the car in january. I may not have noticed the marks untill after i waxed w/ McQuires, it looks as if like dust was on the car when it was waxed and the wax coated over the dust almost like a clearcoat. the car shines and looks GREAT from a distance, but when u get close to the front end it makes me cringe. The sides and back dont have this problem either so its sort of weird. That may be why rock chips could be considered, except for the fact that they COVER the ENTIRE FRONT BUMPER AND HOOD and the idea that a 99 Z28 thats been babied for 48k having all those rock chips on it is HIGHLY unlikly, but unfortunately not impossible.
    I've heard nothing but great things about zaino so i'l be using their products as soon as i order some. Im bout to fork out almost 300 bucks for a set of rear tires( Nitto 555r) for the F-body Shootout next sunday. so as soon as my next pay check comes in i'll order some zaino.

15. metalhead_z28

i think that the paint idea may be right. it looks like it might be some white paint some dumbass had maybe on his truck or something.. or maybe on the road and was flung up on just my front end.. it it deffenetly the worst on my bumper, and now thanks to whoever, i'l have to pay good money to have my hood and bumper repainted, which probly means no new drag radials for the shootout :( :( :(

16. mattinator1973

Try the clay bar before you repaint it. You are also using a wax that is meant for finishing touches. You need something with a bit more compound (not rubbing compound) or cleaner in it. Usually the waxes that remove tar also remove overspray. Try the clay bar if the cleaner wax does not work. I used to be a detailer in the past.

17. metalhead_z28

maybe if i showd u a pic or two of it maybe u could give me ur .02 since you seem to know about paint?

18. mattinator1973

Yah send me a picture if you please. I can tell you this; I have ran into several cars that have let the overspray cure on their car. This is why you are having difficulty removing it. Paint cures after about 30 days. Believe it or not you can actually use paint thinner to remove it fast and it wont hurt your car unless you let a puddle sit on your paint over night. I use a wet rag then put the paint thinner on to sort of dilute the potency. After you do this you definately want to reapply wax over it. Your best bet would be try the cleaner wax first, clay if that doesn't work, then if all else fails go to the thinner. Just remember what I said about diluting it just to be sure. And make sure you don't splash some on your car unnoticed.

19. metalhead_z28

Whats ur Email?

20. mattinator1973

Same as my user name @yahoo.com