Vinyl, plastic, and leather conditioners?????

Discussion in 'Show & Shine' started by 86RedRocket, Jun 20, 2003.

1. 86RedRocket Staff Alumni

I figured I would ask some of you what you thought. I try not to use Armor All anymore b/c it actually removes the oils from the material and can actually cause premature cracking. Anyway, I was wondering if any of you have done some research or know of some good products for vinyl, plastic, and leather. Thanks.

Tags:
  2. Spinner

First wipe the dust off with a damp cloth. I clean all my interior parts with simple green. 20:1 - Water:Simple Green. Cleans well, shines, and doesnt hurt the finish.

3. 86RedRocket Staff Alumni

Thanks, I usaully just take soap and water to clean the interior. I'll have to try the simple green and dilute it like you did. Do you know what conditioner would work good on vinyl? I'm basically asking b/c I want to get my boat looking better. I know it doesn't have anything to do w/this board, but I figured some of you could help me on this decison b/c I'm trying to stay away from Armor All. Thanks again.

4. Art Vandaley

Hey i thought i was the only one.. I use simple green.. and it works perfectly... degreases.. and shines and all the other good stuff... and doesnt hurt it at all

5. Spinner

SImple green is good for everything but windows. It'll leave streaks :)

6. Art Vandaley

yes.. i used to clean my rims with it

7. SwimmerSamBCH

wow i didnt know that....bye bye to armor all!!! lol whats 20:1???

8. Spinner

20 parts water to one part simple green :)

9. SwimmerSamBCH

ohhh, heh ok :)