tr6 plugs, rough idle?, performance?

Discussion in 'Power Adders' started by 105, May 10, 2017.

1. 105

I know that if you decide to go with nitrous you have to get colder rated plugs like the NGK TR6 copper plugs. I keep reading about people having rough idle problems, so is there any way around this? Ignition upgrade maybe?

I just got my NGK TR55 iridiums and taylor wires a few months ago and am getting better gas mileage. I got these not realizing I needed TR6's for nitrous. Will I lose what I gained going to the TR6 plugs and keep my taylor 409 wires?

2. FANTA-Z Staff Alumni

Hey, you are local to me :) As for the plugs you shouldn't feel a difference nor should you have any idle issues. I am running the TR6 on a stock rebuild 6.0 with a BTR stage 4 cam and the car runs great and no issues idling or losing power. One thing that helps with the TR6 is the gap is much closer so your spark will not get blown out so this aids in helping with the one heat range cooler plug. What kind of nitrous are you running and what shot?

3. 4thand26

I think we collectively put way too much emphasis on brand of plugs, having said that, I am partial to NGKs

FANTA-Z likes this.
  4. FANTA-Z Staff Alumni

Yeah I won't run anything but the ngk and then Denso for O2 sensors lol.

5. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

Agree. Proper heat range, proper gap, and not cheap construction not prone to combustion blowout between the insulator and shell are key. Other than that in most cases they are commodity items.

4thand26 and FANTA-Z like this.