Tools Needed To Fix Your OWN Air Conditioner

Discussion in 'Videos' started by Tony, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

This is the first video in a series of videos on working on your own AC system. There have been countless threads on this subject now that it is getting hotter outside. These videos are going to start out for the complete beginner and work their way up to the stage of diagnosing, repairing and charging the system.

It definitely feels good to be able to get back out into the garage after my back injury. I just wish I could have done these videos when it was 60 outside rather than 95 lol.

If you are not subscribed, be sure to sub to the channel by clicking the YouTube logo in the lower right and ring that bell to get notified of future videos. And definitely hit that like button!

Tags:
  2. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

A/C systems... I hate messing with them.

Great video. One of things people seem to overlook is recharging is usually a sign a leak needs to be addressed, glad you mentioned dye.

3. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

You are absolutely correct and it is definitely something that I have planned to cover in future videos. I don't hate messing with them, I actually rather enjoy it. Unlike changing the oil, you get almost instant gratification with fixing an AC system. You come home sweaty as hell because it doesn't work, fix it and enjoy that nice cold air blowing inside. Pair that with my very dark tint and it makes for a great time inside the car. When it is working lol.

I know what is wrong with my system, but we will lead up to that in future videos. Right now I'm pretty much wasting money (not really because I have owned this stuff for years and really need to get rid of it) by charging the system, but it will allow the dye to get in there and show the leak really well for the video series. I'm also going to explain what the Stop Leak for AC systems does and does not do and what it can lead to which in some cases can be really bad.

This is definitely going to be a very long series and I wanted to start out with the absolute basics for someone that has never done it before. So if the video seems kind of basic, just wait, things will get more interesting as they go on lol.