Too much power for the spoiler, FAIL inside...

Discussion in 'Z Lounge' started by BlueZee28, Oct 18, 2010.

1. BlueZee28 Staff Alumni

I was on a cruise with my local fbody club yesterday, and got a couple races in. The first race at the beginning of the cruise, I'm racing my friend's 408 '02 SS convertible, and we take off in 3rd gear, and at about 110-120mph, my spoiler came loose. I didn't realize it when it happened, but a friend that was behind us caught up and yelled over that I was about to lose my spoiler. :facepalm:

The only thing holding it on was a little plastic tab on the driver side edge. I almost lost it, which would have been a pricey FAIL. But now that it's removed from the car, I'm thinking about putting one of those '91/'92 highrise wings on the back. We'll see...I'm picking one up later this week.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Tags:
  2. egott_91

Friend has a nice 'vert too.

And no, I wouldn't put the higheise spoiler on with yours being a 'vert, wouldn't flow right. Put the one you had back on...just my opinion. This is coming from a guy that loves the high rise spoiler on 3rd gens, just not 'verts.

3. BlueZee28 Staff Alumni

The more I keep digging up pictures of the spoiler on verts the more I like it. Some people have done a great job with it. I'm looking into it :)

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

4. Ethan

Hahaha that picture is funny as heck. Good thing you didnt lose it.

If you did those spoilers are all over here by me. I actually threw one away because I didnt think they were hard to come by since I saw them all over the salvage yard.

5. Sinister

It would look god but the one thing that I don't like is that strip along the top from the tails to the door, the orange vert looks like he got rid of it by doing some custom bodywork! I never did like the 3rd gen. verts because of that strip of plastic...it ruins the body lines, now that I see one without it I like it more!

6. richard96

I like the high spoiler myself. Its a good thing you didnt loose yours all the way.

Some one put a cinder block behind my car when I was leaving the shop. It managed to crease the rocker panel for a good 30". :duh:

7. Camaro Queen

Wow, that is an epic fail. So sorry Nick but at least you did not lose it completely. I say go for the high rise spoiler. I like the looks of it.

But I am still laughing at the picture of the rearend of your car rolling down the highway with the spoiler hanging off. Too funny.

8. Camaro Queen

UMMM :blastin::blastin::rocket::illbback:

All I have to say about that.

9. BdNflnc

I'm glad you didnt lose it completely, but I laughed when you sent me that text! And then when I saw that pic on facebook of it hangin off the back of the car...... I laughed again. :)

Not quite following ya with that PM you sent me.. I'll have to call you and see what you're talkin about.

10. BlueZee28 Staff Alumni

Ight gimme a shout tomorrow or somethin' :)

11. Ryatt-Motion Staff Alumni

Yikes, that is scary, I hope the new spoiler goes on without a hitch.

12. BdNflnc

Of course it will go on without a hitch!!!!! Who would put a hitch on a Camaro!!!!!!!! :hilar:

13. BlueZee28 Staff Alumni

I've seen some around here with hitches on them. lol

14. BlueZee28 Staff Alumni

I just got back from picking this up, it needs a little body work but nothing major. I didn't find any cracks or broken pieces on it, so a little filling and primer and it should be ready to go. I couldn't pass it up for the nice round price of... FREE :popkorn:

*Actually I traded two 4th gen Firebird wheels with tires for it, but I got those for free too, so in a sense it WAS a free spoiler*

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

15. pmr253

Epic :respekt:
    I need to get my convertible up there so we can rock 3 different verts. Both those cars look great.

16. Ryatt-Motion Staff Alumni

My poor 67 Camaro had a tow hitch :(