Well...

Discussion in 'Z Lounge' started by the_husk, Apr 21, 2009.

1. the_husk

I might have the '66 sold when I get the new starter in and make sure it works fine and everything. Some 70year old man who is handicapped wants to buy it. He used to own several '66 Chevy trucks and says it has a lot of sentimental value to him. He sold all his in order to get his son through college, and wants another one. Said that he can't afford a $30,000 truck, but mine was priced at $12,500 in the auto trader, and he said that is a good price. He also said that due to his handicap, he can't restore anything either. He said this truck looked beautiful, but I told him it's definately not perfect and has it's flaws.

He has a heated garage ready for it, and I know this way, it won't be beat to death by a kid. I also know that it won't become a rust bucket, but it will live a good life, as much so as a truck can.

He said him and his son would come up from Tulsa to come and get it. I'm trying to talk them into getting a car trailer to haul it, as it gets 9-10mpg and runs at 3500rpms at 65mph and is LOUD. I might tow it down there for free for him, as I need a re-tune in my truck down at Ed Wright.

If I'm going to sell that truck, this is about the BEST home it could go to.

What are your thoughts?

Tags:
  2. Chris

You have a truck and a gto to dont you? I would personally sell it , you know its going to a good home like you said and you can always restore one down the road.

3. the_husk

Yup. Yeah, I think it will be going to a good home. I will still be selling the GTO as well.

4. brianswimmer23

well good to hear that your helping someone out. and yes it sounds like a good person to pass it on too. well goodluck.