Tapatalk support on Z28.com to end May 25th

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Z28/Ken, May 11, 2018.

1. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

With the upcoming GDPR regulations from the European Union affecting our users from EU countries going into effect on May 25th, Z28.com will cease supporting Tapatalk.

Why?
    Tapatalk recently updated their privacy policy and says it's in compliance with GDPR, but they still automatically "opt-in" users with their products. GDPR says this is not allowed, users must specifically opt-in.

Why does Z28.com have to comply with a European Union regulation?
    Technically we don't, being located in the USA. However, Google provides advertising services for this site and they are bound by EU regulations because they do business there. They are requiring their ad publishers to comply as well.

Tags:
  2. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

Wow, I got rid of tapatalk and forumrunner a couple years ago when they were very insecure and almost everyone was being hacked through the app. I didn't even know Z28 was still using those lol.

3. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

Somehow this slipped off my radar. To our Tapatalk users, I've put in a request to Tapatalk to remove us from their mobile app. Tapatalk will cease functioning on Z28.com within 72 hours. Please visit the site directly at www.z28.com. The site has full mobile support, including push notifications (new posts, threads, conversations, etc) if you used this feature in Tapatalk.

4. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

Sweet deal. I would rather use the native mobile version rather than the other options out there anyway...