T5 Transmission

Discussion in 'V6, I6 and I4 Performance (All Years)' started by 1BadRS, May 15, 2021.

1. 1BadRS

I picked up a T5 the other day and I believe it is one from a 4th gen V6. Did both the 3.4 and 3.8 use the same T5 but use different bell housings?

Tags:
  2. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

I am pretty sure this is a true statement. Never did much research on the V6 cars, but I don't remember hearing about different manual transmissions for them.

3. 1BadRS

Thanks. Looks like the slave setups are different between the 3.4 and 3.8, but appears they use the same transmission.

4. mullettcar

the t5 will be the same so if you have the 3.8 you can use the bellhousing and if it a 95 t5 and a wc it will fit in a ford or a jeep as well cause that year they only made one t5 cause camaro was switching to a 6 speed so borg warner only made one casting for that year to fit ford chev and jeep

5. 1BadRS

Appreciate that info. I thought I was actually buying a WC V8 T5 because it had the 26 spline input shaft and the counter sunk front bearing, but I failed to look at the bolt pattern for the bell housing. Surprise for me when it didn't match up to my V8 bell housing.

6. mullettcar

if its from a 95 you just need to buy a ford to chev bell housing

7. 1BadRS

Anyway I can tell if it is from a 95? It doesn't have a sticker or tag on it unfortunately.

8. mullettcar

well if it doenty match up to a chevy v8 bellhousing then it might be a ford gm jeep setup so you can buy a lakewood explostion proof bell housing that goes from ford to chev or you can take it to a transmission shop and ask them to fit a chev v8 bell on it

9. mullettcar

i did this with a v6 t5 and got the lakewood bell and drilled new holes to make it fit
    bell.jpg #ad
    bell1.jpg #ad
    bell2.jpg #ad