swapping a 94 to a 93

Discussion in 'Computer tuning and diagnostics' started by 6cylrider, Jun 7, 2020.

1. 6cylrider

Will be swapping a 94 LT1 into my 93 Z both are 6spd. I will have the 94 harness also. If I read right LOL it should be plug and play save for the air mass wires..?? Or should I use the harness too ,and the ecm of course. Thanks.

Tags:
  2. mullettcar

go with the 94 stuff easier to tune after there are a few free tuning and datalogging programs out there.
    i think the 93 ecm still uses a chip

3. 6cylrider

Yes ,that is the plan. should be an easy swap . Thanks.

4. matthuck88

Did you manage to get this swap done?

5. 6cylrider

Not yet, is the winter project for the Turd.. I am thinking it will be easy by just using the 94 engine harness and ecu. A lot of work to be sure. Will freshen up the 94 lt1 and sell mine I guess or find a car to put it in.. Hoping to swap the whole drive line but the owner may sell the transmission..?? The car was modified a lot before the crash and ran real well. was at least a second faster than mine.. will let you guys know how it goes. Am in the middle of carpal tunnel repairs to both hands sooo can fix a coffee right now lol.

6. mullettcar

i feel you there im only a few years away from not being able to ride my harley my hands have been slowly locking and cramping up some days i cant even hold a wrench or for that fact cant let it go lol

7. 6cylrider

yep been off the Valkyrie for too long.. started dropping stuff so it was time plus they were on fire a lot..