cam ?

Discussion in '4th Gen Camaro LT1 (1993-1997 Camaro)' started by doggy, Dec 3, 2004.

1. doggy

I was getting the lt1 ported heads but I'm not sure now cuz I want to save money to get the lt4 AFR heads and a custom cam. LE2 cam pulls from 2200 to 6500 RPM and should make 400-420 RWHP with matching heads, 30-36 lb injectors, 52-58 mm TB, 1 3/4 LT's, no cats, GOOD tuning, etc. The heads are ported and machined for larger Ferrea 2.00/1.56 valves, matching springs (Comp 987/977 springs and Ti retainers or Bee Hive springs and CM retainers depending on lifter type and EXACT cam specs), locks, locators, milling, cleaning and assembly. These will flow about 270/190 with a 205 cc intake port.
    Can I drive my car with this cam ,30lbs injectors, hardened pushrods, 1.6 non self alignin roller rockers until I get some money to buy the afr heads. Of curse with a tune.I have bought all the parts but I can't afford the lt4 afr heads plus the installation.
    What do you guys think?

Tags:
  2. FANTA-Z Staff Alumni

You can install the cam in your car but your not going to get much of a performance gain until you get a set of ported heads on there. Also you will need to get a different tune when you put the new heads on there because it will make things different. Might be better to wait until you have everything you need to install it all together.

3. doggy

what cc combustion chamber is the best for lt1?

4. FANTA-Z Staff Alumni

It all depends on what compression ratio you are shooting for. The bigger the CC the lower the compression.