Successful dyno run

Discussion in 'Projects' started by KYWes, Dec 8, 2020.

1. KYWes

Finally got to get on the dyno today. My goal was to hit 400 RWHP. Read it and rejoice with me! The operator thinks the jaggedness at the higher RPM is tire slippage. He said it looks like what he's seen before.

2020_12_8 Dyno.jpg #ad

Tags:
    ss6532 likes this.
  2. M1dniterider

3. IrocMyCamaroSS

Beast mode!

4. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

Very nice. Check your spark plugs just to make sure there's no sign of fouling, and also what does the A/F chart look like? Though that could very well be wheel slip, I've also seen things like weak coils, fouled plugs, and fueling cause similar choppiness. Not saying the operator is wrong though, it just doesn't hurt to double-check. :)

KYWes likes this.
  5. Germansheperd

Get it to the track and see what it runs!

6. mullettcar

awesome gotta love the power.
    just a thought just cause i know you have the torque head setup is it possible that might cause the choppy at the high rpm?

7. KYWes

I don't suspect the Torqhead as it is new and made to some close tolerances. Fuel supply seems to be the consensus.

8. ss6532

Great numbers , I hope to dyno about the same with 12lbs of boost. Are you on the stock fuel pump? If so I’d go with a Walbro 255.

9. KYWes

Yeah, it's the stock pump and yes, upgrading the fuel pump is high on the list.