Submit your car for April's car of the month

Discussion in 'Car of the month - Discussion' started by Z28/Ken, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

Post up pictures and info about your car in this thread, you may win car of the month for April!

Tags:
  2. JulieM

New member Julie here. I'd love to be Car of the Month for April. I have a 1972 Camaro Z28 that my husband bought for me two years ago. It was painted purple with white interior, purple carpeting, two dolphins embroidered on the seats and so much to be done to it. It sat in the guy's garage for a few years and he just wasn't getting his project done. The first thing I needed done was to get rid of the dolphins - had Chevy bowtie embroidered! We have two-tone painted the car purple and silver with a lime green pinstripe separating the colors, changed carpeting to black, all new dash and gauges, had a console built, just changed rear-end gears, changed to auto transmission for me, new tires and added some Foose wheels....so far! My husband has done a lot of engine stuff that I do not understand, and honestly, don't want to :) I just told him that I wanted it "shiny". Still need to replace the headers and do some other engine tweaking and misc things, but I had it entered into car shows last year and won several trophies. It is a pretty car, especially parked next to my husband's hugger orange 1970 1/2 !
    paint.jpg #ad
    IMG_4302.JPG #ad
    espresso win.jpg #ad
    z28.jpg #ad
    70 & 72 camarosproof1.jpg #ad
    engine.jpg #ad

michaelzilinski and MrsVoodoo like this.
  3. JulieM

Just posted mine. Hope you like the pics!

4. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

Really like that car Julie! Might need to put a radiator cap on in that last picture lmao.

5. Forgiven

What, you didn't like the dolphins? I guess it is too late, but did you think of Orca whales instead of the dolphins? Other than lacking dolphins it is a very nice big block car. May even have a TH400 in it, right Julie? Wink.

6. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

I think I need to setup a reminder in my calender to stay on top of the car of the month winners, I've been missing them more often then remembering.

7. JulieM

Hi Ken. Were there no winners for March, April or May? Can I keep resubmitting mine :)

8. Forgiven

There may have not been many viewers either during those months.....I think it is safe to say your previous submission probably is still in the running,.

9. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

Sure, or we can just shortcut this and make it this month's winner. I had intended to select it anyway! I'll set it up this evening.

10. cdoyle

Not sure if this is still going on, but like to submit mine if that's OK

1984 Camaro
    This car was originally an Sport Coupe with pretty much no options. I bought the car in High School (92) and drove it daily to work for years. When the V6 pooped out, I had to decide if I was going to scrap it or restore it. I decided to restore it, but make it better than when it rolled off the line. I added all the GFX, swapped out the V6 for the 5.7 out of the 92. Swapped out the dash for the newer style and much more.

Modifications:
    • Custom built LED tail lights
    • Custom built LED parking lights
    • Bi-Xenon HID projectors
    • Custom LED instrument cluster
    • Custom LED foglights
    • Custom made fiberglass subwoofer box, holding 2 IDQ 12s
    • Custom made fiberglass kickpods, holding Hybrid Audio Unity 6.5's
    Still to come:
    Converting 1.5 din size stereo opening to double din.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

For reference, here is how the car looked before the work was done.
    [​IMG]#ad

11. JulieM

Hi again Ken, So, did my car make it? I never received any sort of notice that it was selected or not even sure if notices are sent out. Or I can resubmit my car for an upcoming month. Thanks, Julie

12. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

Julie, I have no excuses, I keep dropping the ball and forgetting. That's the honest truth, it's nothing personal and I'm setting this up right now. You'll get notification within the hour. :)

13. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

Slacker... hahahahaha.