Sub sp 96 z28

Discussion in 'Mobile Electronics' started by The Kaptain, Jun 13, 2022.

1. The Kaptain

I am the original owner of a 1996 6-speed Z28 with the stock Bose system. A lot of you are talking about speakers and amp locations which makes me a little confused. In the rear of my vehicle stock is a full-range speaker. The subs are located passenger side and driver side where passengers would sit. Up front are the stock left and right Bose speakers in the doors. The original radio went out and I put in a Pioneer head unit and it has tons of adjustments for bass. I just recently brought it out of storage and had to readjust all the settings because I needed a new battery. I readjusted all the sub settings and EQ and it really rocks. Does anybody else have this set up? This again from the factory.

2. mullettcar

my amp is in the back driverside wheel well area below the speaker in the little compartment

3. The Kaptain

D

4. The Kaptain

Do you have the twin subs in back seats area?

5. mullettcar

no just two speakers in the rear wheel well and a sub in with the amp and its a bose system but my car is a 95z28

6. The Kaptain

Interesting

7. mullettcar

never looked at the rear speakers maybe they are subs too i will look tomorrow and find out for sure i do know my car sounds good and has a fair amount of base so maybe

8. The Kaptain

My rear speaker is on the driver side and when I use the fader to the rear and then go left and right the sound comes out of the same speaker. I got a feeling it's a dual voice coil speaker.