Stock speakers

Discussion in 'Mobile Electronics' started by Koya, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Koya

So I am now at the point when the music needs to sound good while I am cruising around. I want to replace the stock speakers, as they are old and crackling. Does anyone have any suggestion what model to get to replace the stock mounted speakers? I also discovered that the previous owner installed a sub woofer with an amp. Any suggestion for a sub woofer also.

Tags:
  2. mullettcar

my car has factory bose speakers and i have the factory bose amp and sub built in on the rear left quarter inside panel.
    the 4th gens dont need a big sub an 8 or 10 would be plenty with the shape of the car they will pound good as for brand each to there own i would say.

3. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

The cracking is likely your head unit (if stock) or the stock door speaker amps. If you have Bose, you will have 3 amps in the car, one in each of the doors and one in the rear on the stock sub that drives the subs and the two sail panel speakers. If I was going to upgrade my system, I would get a 4 channel 100w (or the wattage of all 4 speakers combined) and get rid of the stock amps.