stock speakers. BOOO

Discussion in 'Mobile Electronics' started by ophee, Aug 8, 2007.

1. ophee

So the stock speakers in my car SUCK now. The left side rattles like a MOM!! I think the stock camaro speakers are one of the few flaws that come with the camaros (other than the window motors)...

I'm not too car-audio savvy, so my question is, do i just need a new set of speakers? Or is this more complicated than it sounds?

Just to elucidate the situation a bit more, the bass is only set HALFWAY, and the speakers rattle pretty bad. It's more of a distortion, but annoying nontheless. I have the original Monsoon HU, don't really want to replace it, but want to resolve the problem. Any suggestions would be great. Thanksss again guyssssss

Tags:
  2. Badazz 97 T/A

my middle speakers blew out a few weeks ago. they made a weird noise when the bass would hit. kinda like a piece of plastic ratting in a plastic jar sound. there easy to change and thats all you need to do is buy new ones.

3. ophee

Is there anything i need to know in order to buy them? I think their are 5 speakers? Are they different sizes?

Will speaker-savers help my case?!?!?!

4. istoleacamaro

is the car bose equipped??? if it is you might be in some trouble... but they are 6.5 inches if that helps

5. Vega

Gosh I hate the speakers on these cars and the brakes. I can never replace them right.....

6. ophee

It's a monsoon HU, i'm not willing to change the unit, just the speakers. Only if it fixes the rattling sound i'm getting. I'll just pick up some speaker-savers, if it does the job, good.. if not, then i'll just add speakers....

I think the screws aren't tight enough. Do i have to remove the entire door panel to get to the speakers? I tried prying out the speaker cover, and only got the sides out... but the clips on the bottom and the top were impossible to get off. I made some ugly markings too....

7. flak_monkey

You might have blown the speaker. The rattling sound could be the voice coil either hitting the back plate or scraping up against the former.

8. converster

What size of speakers fit the rear of a 97 camaro convertible, and if I replace all four speakers with just ok pioneers will it sound ok? I dont want to replace the stock HU.

9. Brandon

i actually thought the stock bose speakers were decent. i bought kenwood speakers and i definitely like them. i do think i lost a little bass, but it was offset by the higher sound quality

10. Brandon

i had to take the whole door panel off to get to mine.

11. motocrosser291

I just replaced my system with a pioneer deck and polk audio speakers, very happy with the change... stock speakers rattled like crazy and I couldn't care less about the stock head unit. Its a pain when something goes out on the stock system due to the bose config. It may have sounded good when it was new but it was old when I bought the car and sounded bad so it was time for it to go!

12. Cheap Guy

First, yes you have to take the door panel off to get to the speakers.

Regarding the rattling, it may be your door panel itself that's rattling, as well or instead of the speaker. I used dynomat to try to keep the rattling to a minimum but the door panels still rattle a little bit. Just poorly put together.