Stock Radio Lights Out!

Discussion in 'Mobile Electronics' started by 97Camaro3.8, Aug 27, 2006.

1. 97Camaro3.8

I just noticed this last night, but on my stock radio the lights to preset number 3, 5, and my 'seek' button has burned out.

Does anybody know the easiest way to access behind the radio w/o having to deal with the anti-theft bs? Any links with pics would help me out greatly.

Also, does anybody know what types of bulbs are used to light up the buttons?

Tags:
  2. FL2002Z28

That would be incentive enough for me to put in a brand new Alpine. Why do you want to keep a high distortion stock radio so bad? That is just a temporary piece until you can put in a "REAL" head unit. What about a nice Pioneer full face or something?

3. 97Camaro3.8

I may end up doing that eventually, however, at this point I really don't want to drop 100 to 250 on a new head unit. I'd rather spend the few bucks (hopefully) and just replace those bulbs.

4. CipsZ28

Mine did the same thing and I just put in a new Pioneer HU. I wasn't going to waste my time with the stock radio and all that garbage. It killed me to do it though because I really like a factory look, but I'm happy with it now. I just wish my Pioneer had the SCV like the old CD player had.

5. SilverBullet2000

it did the same thing to me as well (even the same bulbs) and i found a way to get to the bulbs but i found that they are soldered to the board and when i put it back together none of them worked! my advice dont screw with it!