started modding my z

Discussion in 'Show & Shine' started by 1redZ28, Jan 3, 2012.

1. 1redZ28

So I have had the car since 07 from the original owner at 43,000 miles. When I went to school a few months later I went to school in FL and the car was no longer a daily so I decided to leave it completely unmolested and enoy it. Long story short things have happened and the car is a daily again. The car is now at 66,000 miles and I have started the mods. It has h.i.d.s slp lid slip grill, black housing clear corners, black onyx fill in letters, l.e.d.s, cross drilled and slotted rotors, corsa clones. So just got the bare basics done

plan to add gmmg exhaust, ss treatment, sway bars, sfc, stb, anniversary wheels are on the way, strano/bilstiens, panhard bar, depo whistler headlight.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Tags:
  2. tmurph01

Sounds like a plan! Good call on the GMMG! That is my favorite sounding exhaust, especially with LT Headers! As far as your suspension items go.. check out BMR Suspension. They have a handling upgrade package that is a very good deal that includes everything you listed..

3. 1redZ28

Thanks I have really done my homework on what I want. I am excited to get things going more on the car.

4. SonicBrew

I've got all BMR on mine, it's amazing, corners like it's on damn rails now. The launch is a lot better too.

5. 1redZ28

Cool I can't wait to have nice suspension too. I'm more into corners than all out hp and speed.

6. 1redZ28

h.i.d.s in headlights and fogs with whistler mod. (still have some polishing to do on the lenses)
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

7. 1redZ28

ss spoiler
    [​IMG]#ad

polished the headlight lenses up so they are actually clear it
    [​IMG]#ad

wheels on the way.

8. greg_74

If you're going with GMMG and LT headers you should get a catted y. I've heard the set up with cats and without and it sounds MUCH better with cats. I had a Magnaflow cat in the I-pipe on my SS and it sounded good, still had a little rasp but I would think a catted Y would take care of it even more.

Btw the car is coming along nicely. New wheels will really make it look good.

9. 1redZ28

Thanks. I'm not planning on doing headers. But if I do I will run a catted y for sure. I am debating on doing a m6 conversion. If I do that I can see myself snowballs into headers , cam etc. With a auto I just feel like modifying it performance wise as much as I would with a manual car. I always liked your SS and didn't know you sold it. I can't wait for my anniversary 10 spokes to get here.

10. TSAEB

To me the ss wing is the best looking wing for the f body camaro. Car is looking nice.

11. 1redZ28

thank you I would agree with you, The mecham spoiler looks good in pics (basically the same as mine just with out the post that touches the hatch) but I lucked yp whe I found this one. I was searching for the ebay company that makes replicas and ran acrosss this oem piece already in red. Now I just need a ss hood.
    here is a better pic of the frot end to show off the polished headlights better.
    [​IMG]#ad

12. 1redZ28

to keep from starting a new thread here is a pic with the wheels. I am ecstatic. I know they are stock but I have wanted these literally for years.
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

13. richard96

Looking real good. I like those and I wish they made themwider for the rear.

14. Timmz28

looks good!!

15. BdNflnc

I love those wheels too! My favorite factory wheel by far!

16. 1redZ28

Thanks everyone. I'm not unhappy with these but if someone made a 18 x 9 is buy some in a heartbeat. I'm not really wanting anything wider.

17. egott_91

Where did you get your HIDs from?

Car is coming along really well. When do you plan on lowering it?

18. 1redZ28

Headlights are from some amazon supplier that my friend bought and never used before I got off him for $10. The fogs are from ddmtuning.com. headlights are 8k and fogs are 5k.

19. 1redZ28

Oh and if I do lower it. It will be a while. As I said before my driveway may keep me from lowering the car. It goes to the body shop next month to have some things done including painting my SS hood and installing it.

20. 1redZ28

Oem SS hood picked up over the weekend.
    [​IMG]#ad