spray can paintjob questions

Discussion in 'Show & Shine' started by SILO, May 19, 2010.

1. SILO

I recently picked up a 94 v6 but theres only one problem, its PINK. I want to change the color of it asap but dont really have money for a paint job right now. I thought of using some spray cans and going flat black. Ive read up online and dont think I could make it any worse than it is. What kind of paint would you guys reccomend? It would be my first time painting a car so I cant wait to post pics!!!! I dont really mind how bad it looks' I got it cheap and hate the pink.

I will post pics soon.

Tags:
  2. SILO

[​IMG]#ad

Here it is.The ladies love it but damn I just cant do the pink paint.

3. GhostZ

a real man drives a pink car lol

4. Ryatt-Motion Staff Alumni

:werd:

5. GhostZ

but in all seriousness if u take ur time it wont look to bad but spray can paint fades really quickly on cars

6. Spyderking69

dude id keep it pink, pink or not its gonna look 1000x's better than a ricer rattle can job

7. SILO

Well I have a date Saturday and I'm taking the pink camaro since she likes the color. But after that I'm most likely gonna turn it "rice" and flat black it with a can. I'm gonna do the sanding and prep everything right I just don't know what kind of based paint I should use. If anything I'm painting it for your guys' enjoyment lol.

8. GhostZ

tell us her reaction to the pink car lol

9. nighthawk15

Look into single stage paint from summit or eastwood in "hot rod black" and a cheap spray gun. The off-brand single stage paint is cheap as hell but its good enough for a project like this. It will come out better than rattle cans and from what I understand the hot rod black is a very easy color to spray. It would be like a semi-gloss instead of just flat black also.

10. SILO

Im gonna look into that. If its not too expensive to just buy a cheap gun I might as well do that. I can even borrow a gun if I need to.

What do you guys think about those one a day paint jobs?

11. Paulster2

I take it the jams are pink also? Don't forget to do the whole car or it's going to look even worse.

12. Forgiven

Looks like light red..:wub: Maybe if you wear dark sunglasses...two things will happen. No one will recognize you, and the car will look red. I know I am no help at all...just bored and had to say something....It's not your fault someone painted it light red. Maybe just write on the side of it "I got it Cheap", and smile a lot ...it will give people a laugh.

13. flak_monkey

You sure you didn't snap the previous owner's neck and just take it to save the car from such chromatic misery? There's a black girl around me with a silver 93-97 v6 and hot pink 30th anniversary stripes and pink spraypainted salad shooters and a fart can. I saw this big scary looking dude driving it today and I about had a wreck laughing so damn hard.

14. 1994lt1

I dont know whats worse, the color or the wheels :/

15. nighthawk15

Don't forget to check what all you need to spray it. I think for that you just need the paint, primer, and catalyst. I havent done it yet, but whenever I get a beater if its got crappy paint I may do this myself as my first attempt at a paint job.

16. BdNflnc

Look into "Hot Rod Flatz" they have every color you can imagine (including flakes) in flat versions. Its durable and fairly cheap... then just get a cheap 10 dollar gun from harbor freight and you are good to go. If you only havea small compressor you can do the car a piece at a time as long as you are always setting the gun at the same psi everytime - lower psi darkens the color, and higher psi lightens the color.