Speaker question

Discussion in 'Mobile Electronics' started by NavyZ28, May 17, 2005.

1. NavyZ28

Im looking at some subs, Im either going with 2 10inch Audiobahn AW1000N or 1 12inch Audiobahn AW1206T, I have a 1200watt fosgate amp to hook em up to so what do you guys think will sound better?

Tags:
  2. Unknown

Any reason why you want to use Audiobahn? They are not a SQ company, and they overrate their products. What model is the Fosgate amp... or do you know how many RMS watts it put outs and at what ohm?

3. NavyZ28

This is the amp I have

Rockford Fosgate 401S Punch 2 Ch 1200 Watt Amplifier
    100 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms 200 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms 400 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms in bridged mode 1200 Watts MAX X 1 at 4 ohms in bridged mode stereo or bridged mono output 4-ohm stable in bridged mode Tri-Way capable requires 8-gauge power and ground leads — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier 50-250 Hz high-pass/low-pass (12 dB/octave) crossovers wired remote included for fingertip control of Punch Bass (0-18 dB boost at 45 Hz) MOSFET power supply and output devices MEHSA mounting technology increases the heat transfer from the MOSFET output devices to the heat sink, for higher power output, lower operating temperatures, and greater reliability TOPAZ — noise-killing differential inputs that eliminate 80% of ground loop noise Trans•ana circuitry keeps preamp voltages low and signal paths simple for outstanding audio quality NOMAD — advanced protection circuitry for "intelligent" shutdown protection speaker- and preamp-level inputs 11-1/8"W x 2-3/8"H x 9-7/8"D

Im just looking for a one good 12inch sub or 2 10 inch subs for it.

4. Unknown

Going for SQ or SPL? What's the price range?

5. NavyZ28

Sorry man I dont know what you mean SQ, SPL?? I dont want to be heard down the block... Just enough for me ya know? Ill spend around $200 hopefully more like $150

6. Unknown

SQ= sound quality
    SPL= sound pressure level (being loud)

400 watts RMS @ 4 ohms and $150-200 is pretty good to work with. You're going to put it into that plexi glass thing you were thinking about yes? I mean that's not a good idea to be honest, you really need to put it into a box, unless you want it to sound like poo. Check into an Alpine Type R, Image Dynamics IDQ, Diamond Auiod M3 or a M6 and Resonant Engineering RE.

7. NavyZ28

No I changed my mind on that Lol seemed like a good idea at the time, Im going with a subthump box
    thanks for your help

EDIT: BTW hows this Alpine SWR-1242D ?

8. Unknown

Sounds good, any of those boxes will work well in a box 1.5-0.6cbft boxes.

9. Camaroblood

10. silverstreak48

http://www.jlaudio.com/
    10w3v2 check em out check out the stealth box enclosures get the big sound with out losing big space

11. silverstreak48

your going to want a good quality sub when your pushing 1200 watts thru it, spend the money once instead of a couple of times replacing woofers when you blow the cones off the voice coils you get what you pay for lol

12. NavyZ28

13. Unknown

Good price for the Type R, it'll do great for ya.