CD changer

Discussion in 'Mobile Electronics' started by Z/YA, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Z/YA

Ok my 2000 Z has the Monsoon stereo, I was wondering if by chance it would have the wiring for the org. factory CD changer?
    My car did not come with one, but I have found one and would like to put it in and I have never checked to see if the wiring is tucked away hidden in my car somewhere. I know I will have to get the switch up front to control it

Tags:
  2. Z/YA

Bump!

3. nemocamaro

it may have the controls in the radio, not sure though.

4. Bowtie_Racer

Yes, it should have it according to this post.

All Monsoon equipped F-bodies were pre-wired for the CD changer even if one wasn't installed. You'll find the changer harness taped to the hatch speaker harness under the trim on the left side. Even though the changer was made by Pioneer, it was made to GM specs and is not compatible with any aftermarket head unit (including those made by Pioneer).

5. Ryatt-Motion Staff Alumni

Yes Matt, it should be bundled up in the drivers side panel of the package tray.

6. LS1Tuner_06

They beat me to it! That was one thing I actually knew. I have one but I put in a different head unit and now it won't work of course. There has to be a way to make them work. I don't much care for the factory head unit

7. Z/YA

Wow guys way to bring a thread back from the dead lol.
    I figured it out, there was a plug wrapped up in foam in the back of the car

8. LS1Tuner_06

I never pay attention to the dates. If it gets brought upbin the new posts then I may be likely to post something. GRRR.

9. Ryatt-Motion Staff Alumni

I was actually digging through the thread archive, because I need a factory monsoon amp, and I need new speakers, but I was looking to see what aftermarket speakers would work best with a factory unit.