Speaker question, Audio techs get in here!

Discussion in 'Mobile Electronics' started by Ryatt-Motion, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Ryatt-Motion Staff Alumni

Hey guys, I am looking to get some new speakers for my 2000 Camaro with monsoon. My amp is blown, and I have several speakers that have systematically disentegrated. I have been looking at some speakers online, and I believe I am going to get the Infinity Reference 6033i for the rear sail panel, but I do not know what I should get for the rear cargo area (the small 4" speakers). I do not want to spend a grip on these because I am not into booming sound, I just want somethinhg nice and clean, with a crisp sound. I am picking up another monsoon amp from a friend for $20, so I have that covered. My front door speakers were just replaced 10K ago, and are the revised Delco Monsoon speakers, which I bought from eBay. So basically I just need the subs in the sail, and the small ones in the cargo area. Any help would be apreciated as I am getting conflicting information from Best Buy and Crutchfield about what fits in these cars.

Tags:
  2. LS1Tuner_06

I still have factory as well. But I Boston Acoustics make a replacement 4" speaker that sounds very good. If you can you need to cut off the bass to the speakers some how. That way you can get even morevof a nice and crisp sound from the speakers. The only speakers on our cars factory set up that should be putting out bass is obviously the sail panel speakers. Other wise when music is player loudly you will get distortion.

I'm running MTX speakers in my doors and sail panels. Cost about 200 for all four speakers. They sound pretty darn good if you ask me.