appearance opinions for the HO carmen

Discussion in 'Show & Shine' started by z28camarocarri, Mar 31, 2007.

1. z28camarocarri

well the time to begin Carmen is quickly approaching as we have been doing final body prep work on the truck. I figure by the end of April begining of may Carmen will be getting her new clothes. I need some help though with a few things.....

Im putting my interior back to stock. I dont plan to do any major things in there until I do my seats and cage, because orange is why to flashy to pull off what i did with the white. My shift knob will be orange though.

Engine bay is where i need the help....luckily I never finished my FRC's in white, so i wont have to buy another set. But my engine bay being orange.....do I leave the FRC's black with orange lettering? Black with silver? what?!

My STB will remain black but now will have Orange letters. I will still have a theme going, now it will be Orange, Black, Polished.

The rear fill ins will be Stainless (polished) on the black panel forsure, keeping black outs all the way around along with my black z06s.

the front bowtie....orange, i feel is the only way to go. Nose badge will most likely go back to the stock red/white/blue badge. unless someone has another idea.

badges.....stock z28 black ones? polished z06 style? or badgeless?

HELP! any ideas suggestions are helpful!

Tags:
  2. Ryatt-Motion Staff Alumni

Hmmm, fun fun and fun!!!

Starting from front to back, I would go with black FRC's with chrome or silver letters, and a black STB with chrome or silver letters, I would find a way to make a B&M Mega shifter fit in the console, or find a way to make the mega shifter handle fit on the factory stick.

Definitely a satin black tail panel with stainless inserts. For the emblems, I am very partial to the factory red white and blue nose badge, and for the fender emblems, I would have muffinbuster cut some '06 Z06 style emblems that I would mount slightly under the fender line, and add one on the tail panel. That is how I would envision an HO LT-1 car..

3. 96 Z-Ragtop

Ever thought about painting the engine compartment satin or gloss black?

If you did you could go with HO FRC's with chrome letters, or do like Jim (Warthog) did with his Berger letters. Chrome letters with black vinyl. Then HO strut brace. *z28rocks*

4. z28camarocarri

I dont wanna paint the engine bay black.

as far as the chrome with black, nah....I thought that up for Jim and I wanna do a berger type rear panel therefore I wont be pulling that off.

5. itSSlowZ28

i like rick's idea for sure. i wouldn't go so much with black and HO being the primary colors, but more towards black and chrome. if the whole car is HO you will have plenty of that, so black and chrome together shows that aspect of the theme a lot better. but i'd pretty much agree with everything rick says about the different pieces, especially the new z06 style badges, those would look awesome

6. Ryatt-Motion Staff Alumni

I havel always felt that the engine accessories need to be the contrast color of the car and not body color, because then everything just looks like a wash of the same color, and me no likey no same color anything.

7. Irish350

i say see if brent can hook you up with HO lettering with a polished edge for the STB.. idk about your FRCs.. i think either black/orange or orange/black would both look good..

oh, and i say black z28 front emblem :D.. try to find one that sorta matches whatever badges you pick (but dont debadge)

8. WartHog Staff Alumni

Hmmm, here's a "new" idea - what about HO and NBM? Our cars could be "opposites!" :D

9. z28camarocarri

so many ideas.

I wanna keep her the theme of HO, Black, and Polished for a few reasons ;)

thanks guys :D this is helping me alot