sold the z28, bought a SS

Discussion in 'Show & Shine' started by 1redZ28, Jul 24, 2012.

1. 1redZ28

SO after years of loving my z but not being completely satisfied I put it up for sale. Someone flew up from LA to buy it (it had a few mods, it was just a clean 68,000 mile loaded z28). I already had my eyes on a SOM SS so once the z sold I bought tickets to fly to california to buy this car. It is a 01 SOM SS 6 speed (pretty much my dream fbody) It has a mild cam, lowered (springs, lca, panhard bar) and rides on ruff 278's. In dash dvd player with stealth box. 58,000 miles now. Me and the wife to be drove the car back from cali. I havent done much to it since I have had it. Added strut tower brace, full l.e.d. interior reverse lights and corners, h.i.d.s LS7 clutch. I also have stock headlights for it just havent put them on.
    Plans:
    3 point SFC
    Kooks headers and ory (has manifolds and a magnaflow catted y not)
    35/22 sway bars
    upgrade the monsoon speakers to work with the aftermarket stereo
    drive and enjoy

pics from previous owner'

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

pics from the drive
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

pics of mods
    clear corners (had the pixelated ones on it so I got clear ones)
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

just because
    [​IMG]#ad

with my friends cammed 6 speed barbados blue goat
    [​IMG]#ad

Tags:
  2. Timmz28

dude! it looks badass!

StripedZebra likes this.
  3. BdNflnc

That is a sick looking car! Very nice buy! :)

4. 1redZ28

Thank you both. Now I'll have to change my screen name again. Lol

5. tarlcabot

Very Nice car bro :p

6. richard96

I love the new ride. It goes well with the S10. Can you take some pices of the S10 and the SS together. Nice ride man. I would like a 6 spd for a daily driver.

7. MasterZ Staff Alumni

beautiful car.......nice find! always been one of my fav colors..

8. 1redZ28

Richard thank you I will as soon as I can. The ss is my weekend good weather toy. The s10 is a 5 speed daily.

Thank you Master.

9. 96 Z-Ragtop

Great find, Congrats and enjoy!!!!

10. 1redZ28

thanks everyone. I have the halos off it and it now has stock headlights on it. I will post a pic of that as soon as I can get it out of the garage.

11. LS1Tuner_06

good lookin SS! I'll always love them and especially that color. nice find too. :thumbsup:

12. 1redZ28

With stock headlights
    [​IMG]#ad

For Richard
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

13. richard96

Thats the Bowtie spirit we all love!

14. uLs1a

Beautiful

15. greg_74

I haven't been on the site in a month or two... And all I have to say is WOW that is a beautiful car! The color and the wheels go good together too. Nice upgrade man!

16. 1redZ28

Thank you very much I love it. I finally got the ls7 clutch straightened out. ( put in a new slave at the same time that ended up being bad) here it is top less
    [​IMG]#ad

And some with her car.
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

17. WF-LT1

Bad SS, cold as ice.

18. Tony Staff Member Super Moderator

I have never been a fan of those wheels, but there is something about those that just makes it work. I think the fact they resemble the C6 Z06 wheels that makes it work. Clean car, hope you enjoy it. One of these days I will have to pick up a new one and get rid of this clunker I drive now lol.

19. 1redZ28

Lol thank you both. I love it. Can't wait to get some more mods done to it. I don't think I have figured out finally have Som ss. When I was waiting to go get the car I wasn't sure how I would like the wheels or the ride but I love them. I think they make the car. I also like they are not the typical wheels you see on fbodies.

20. BomberZ

Very nice car. I haven't been on here in years. It's good to see the f-body love.....