slp ss grill

Discussion in 'Show & Shine' started by kebie05, Jul 12, 2007.

1. kebie05

has anyone seen or got a pic of a slp ss grill , but with a z28 badge on it? i cannot find one anywhere to see how it looks. thanks guys.

2. 99RedDvl

Im pretty sure they didnt come with Z28 logo, only SS and the bowtie

3. kebie05

have you seen anyone replace the ss badge with a z28 badge?

4. 99RedDvl

it wouldnt be possible because the SS "badge" is formed in the grill and to put a Z28 "badge" in its place it simply would not fit.... if you got it to fit I dont think it would look right.....

only good pic i have of an SLP grill....
    [​IMG]#ad

5. kebie05

what do you mean it is formed into it? when i pull off the ss, it will have indentions in it? if not, if it is smooth , then would z28 stickers look good there? thanks

6. 99RedDvl

Looking at the picture more.. the SS badges are double side tapped on the grill, so I suppose you can just take them off and put the Z28 badges on... Im not really sure on what they look like... have them photoshopped on... post a thread in Chop Shop and have some on in there chop the Z28 badges on the grill...

7. kebie05

i will try that. do you know if i would be able to paint over the bowtie if i went that route? i would like for it to be pewter. thanks

8. 99RedDvl

Im pretty sure the bowtie is a thin strip of sticker... but not completely sure...

9. Ryatt-Motion Staff Alumni

The Z28 emblem is too big to fit in the opening of where the SS emblems fit., and it will look like ass in middle. To do what you are talking about, you would need to get a custom overlay made that is smaller than the original emblem.

10. Ls1_bobby

Does anyone know where I can get a SLP SS GRILL

11. Ryatt-Motion Staff Alumni

12. Ls1_bobby

They don't have them I already looked

13. Ryatt-Motion Staff Alumni

Wow, this really sucks! No one has that grill. I checked every source I knew and came up with goose eggs. I should have bought a couple a few years ago when they were still available like I did the Original CME exhaust pipes.

There is a guy out here in Southern California named Matt. He owns a company called 6litereaterdesign. There is a possibility he might be reproducing them. I would check with him. Just run a search for his name.

I still can't believe SLP has abandoned our vehicles parts line. Very disappointing