Shocks on second generation

Discussion in 'Wheels, Tires and Suspension' started by ROWDYROB, Jan 22, 2022.

1. ROWDYROB

I am running 315/35/17 and the backs with rolled lip but still little scrubbing on hard bumps,it only happens on one side which seems weird but does anyone know if i can get differant type shock that would stiffen rear end more or possibly raise it up little more?The air shocks are not an option as they are too big and would hit the tire--thanks

Tags:
  2. mullettcar

dont understand why you cant put air shocks on they make them look just like factory shocks and fit the same i even have air on my 4th gen .
    as for rubbing on one side you might need to realign your rear end

3. ROWDYROB

They are too fat ,the regular shocks just barely miss the tire,unless they are making them differant now.Are you saying that you can get them the same circumference as regular gas shocks ?

4. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

Bilstein has a line of shocks that can adjust ride height and damper settings.

ROWDYROB likes this.
  5. Zspoiler

On my 1979 Z-28 RS I run a 17 x8 rims with 5 " of offset .I have run both KYBs and now Koni shocks with no rubbing without modifying the outer lip, WS-6 rear springs ,You just need to watch your wheel offset and tire size . image6.jpg #ad

ROWDYROB likes this.
  6. ROWDYROB

Thanks but if i remember rt mine are 10 inch rims with i think 5.75 offset to run the 315 tires--you can look at my profile picture,alot bigger tires

7. ROWDYROB

Yes i will check this out,sounds exactly like what i am looking for--thanks!