September - October 2014 Car Of The Month

Discussion in 'Car of the Month' started by Z28/Ken, Sep 9, 2014.

By Z28/Ken on Sep 9, 2014 at 7:39 PM
  1. Z28/Ken Staff Member Admin

Congratulations to @cdoyle for winning Z28.com's Car of the Month for Sept/Oct 2014!

It's a sweet ride which he's transformed from a plain Jain into the beautiful car you see now! LED-headlight1.jpg
    About the car:

1984 Camaro SC
    Originally a V6 no option car, car was purchased in 1992 and was my first car.
    In around 2004 the restoration began, the V6 was pulled out and I installed a 5.7 out of a 92.

I also added the GFX from the 92, and also upgraded the interior by swapping out the 80's style dash with the more modern style from the 92. I also installed new carpet, and 4th gen seats.

Other mods done to the car:
    Exterior
    I custom made LED tail/brake/turn/reverse lights, 1000's of LEDs were soldered into place for these. Much brighter and better looking compared to stock.

I added bi-xenon HID projector headlights, the stock lights were horrible and these new lights make so much difference. I custom built some LED foglights, to match the color of the HIDs

Interior
    For the interior I built a custom made fiberglass sub box, holding 2 IDQ 12s, these are powered by a hidden MMATS 1400.1. I also built some fiberglass kickpods, that hold Hybrid Audio Unity series speakers. These are being powered by a PPI600.1

The cluster at night was impossible to actually see, so I converted it to LED by installed LED strips inside. This allowed to spread the light to where I needed it.

What's to come?
    Next Spring, I'm hoping to convert the 1.5 DIN size stereo opening to a double din size opening so I can install a navigation system.

camaro-driveway-new.jpg side-view.jpg LEDgauges_2.jpg tail-lights.jpg at-drive-in.jpg LED-headlight1.jpg kickpods-drivers-side.jpg LED_Tails1.png

Tags:
    gofastZ28 and cdoyle like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'Car of the Month' started by Z28/Ken, Sep 9, 2014.